• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Cabin life ...

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just grabbed a few shots from our annual Winter (but no snow) black powdah shoot this weekend ... as our MZL Club is lucky to have a nice log cabin, less the new ‘modern’ Anderson windows (???) the Single Action pistol shooters put in ... grrrrrrrrrr.

8161E491-4DCD-495B-8A5B-7EA6CA588738.jpeg

9C2E8359-465A-4F39-89E7-55315DE0E266.jpeg

766EE5A4-75CC-47B7-906B-1EB200A05864.jpeg
867C4F2E-CAE7-4BDC-A64C-5B73FCB29D72.jpeg
EFB0D171-AD44-47BE-BC86-A34DBBB465C5.jpeg
Very nice! I just came home yesterday from our clubs Winter camp.
We had only 8 camps with weather in the mid 20’s over the past week end.

Here’s a couple pics from there..

The covered shooting range & a couple of camps in the top pic,
2 nd pic shows a few more of the camps.

The bath house & pavilion in the bottom pic.

View attachment 3823 View attachment 3824 View attachment 3825 Very nice! I just came home yesterday from our clubs Winter camp.
We had only 8 camps with weather in the mid 20’s over the past week end.

Here’s a couple pics from there..

The covered shooting range & a couple of camps in the top pic,
2 nd pic shows a few more of the camps.

The bath house & pavilion in the bottom pic.
Love it my friend. When can I come down and pitch a tent? Might even bring ol Jethro with me! We’ll both set up our camp’s next to you!!

Have a good ol time!

Respectfully, Cowboy

Ol' Jethro. How is he doing?? Miss his humor. Tell him I said hello. :ghostly:

Dave
He’s doing just fine! He’s been extremely busy lately and hasn’t been on the PC for some time now?

Anyway, We keep in touch on a regular basis. We’re just waiting for nicer weather so we can start our shenanigans up for 2019! lol

Respectfully, Cowboy

Love it my friend. When can I come down and pitch a tent? Might even bring ol Jethro with me! We’ll both set up our camp’s next to you!!

Have a good ol time!

Respectfully, Cowboy

Anytime my Friend, you Guys are more than Welcome.

Jethro , knows most of the members there anyway.

The Club (Hatchie Run Longrifles) is located in Ashland Ms. Just South of the Tn. State Line.

I was fortunate enough too become a Member last Fall, Fantastic group to be a part of!

The Spring shoot/ Rendezvous is coming up in April, if the snow melts up y’alls way maybe you Guys can make it down.

Of course there’s always snow shoes! C’mon down !

58DC1270-FA06-4835-B5C6-6A7706B67199.jpeg
Where is that SMO? Great pictures and layout, you boys are lucky!

Bathhouse ... ? Dayum ...

LOL I couldn’t believe it myself....Hot and Cold running water , with heat and air.
7 or 8 Tin Tee sights available too, with another 7 or so being added this year.
There also a 30’ long Sea Land container buried for storage and used as a storm shelter .

If all the modern conveniences make you uncomfortable , there’s still Hooters available too!
The Club ( Hatchie Run Longrifles in Ashland Ms.) host a Woodswalk competition for smoothbore & separate target for rifles... or if you fell Lucky you can challenge the rifle course with your smooth.
There is a separate pistol woodswalk range, as well as Pistol woodswalk range all with steel knock down targets.
And a seperate Hawk & Knife woodswalk Range..

282AD9CF-2F4D-4015-9C38-2F8F3AD3BA1B.jpeg

2837333E-D6C9-4402-84B8-108DD3E26CBB.jpeg

A couple more pics from last Fall’s Rendezvous .

58DC1270-FA06-4835-B5C6-6A7706B67199.jpeg
0FBC5846-2305-4C13-A624-6251EA66A769.jpeg
D4641181-B7EB-404E-9D56-2540C4580AAB.jpeg

What’s a little rain when you’re having fun! LOL
Great facility, and Great Group too be a part of... I consider myself a lucky Guy!

Last edited:
Love the pics and appreciate the invite! Think Jethro and I are gonna be going to Tennessee for the Widowmaker’s frolic in either spring or early summer. Not sure of the date yet?

Anyway, maybe we can look ya up and hang out? Everything is definitely preliminary of course. Just a thought to consider since we’ll be in your neck of the woods.

Of course we’ll also be at Friendship in June as well. Let me talk with Jethro. We’ll definitely be in touch! I’ll PM ya with some definite information.

Thanks smo.

Respectfully, Cowboy

Very nice picture my friend. I bet a great memory!

Had a friend who lived up in your area. We both were in the service at the time. Spent a couple of weeks up there with him and his family. Of course it was during the summer months though! lol

He lived in a town called White Pines. Ya heard of it?

Anyway, I think their state bird was the mosquito!! They’re as big as hummingbird’s up there in those woods! lol

Thanks for sharing my friend. Real nice picture!

Respectfully, Cowboy

Years ago I went to the Hatchie Run Longrifles in Ashland MS get together. Had a good time.

Fleener

Latest posts

Back