• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Cabin Creek Ladies Flintlock.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can’t speak on behalf of the quality of their guns, but they do a tremendous job with engraving and inlays

I don't think you could possibly go wrong with the "Lady's Rifle" from Cabin Creek. However, just so you are aware, Jim Chambers Flintlocks has a "Little Feller's Rifle" that is comparable in size, and also made with best-quality components.

Mr. Emig (Cabin Creek) will finish one of his kits for you, at extra cost. I think Mr.Chambers only sells kits, but they can provide you with a list of approved builders if you don't want to assemble it yourself.

One other thing I would like to point out is that people who hunt in cold climates, all bundled up, often find they need a lighter rifle with a shorter length of pull than the one they were shooting on the target range in summer clothes. You might find a use for that reduced-size rifle yourself, if the lady and the kids don't shoot it much. Another reason to get a smaller rifle with good quality parts.

Best of luck to you!

Notchy Bob

I don't think you could possibly go wrong with the "Lady's Rifle" from Cabin Creek. However, just so you are aware, Jim Chambers Flintlocks has a "Little Feller's Rifle" that is comparable in size, and also made with best-quality components.

Mr. Emig (Cabin Creek) will finish one of his kits for you, at extra cost. I think Mr.Chambers only sells kits, but they can provide you with a list of approved builders if you don't want to assemble it yourself.

One other thing I would like to point out is that people who hunt in cold climates, all bundled up, often find they need a lighter rifle with a shorter length of pull than the one they were shooting on the target range in summer clothes. You might find a use for that reduced-size rifle yourself, if the lady and the kids don't shoot it much. Another reason to get a smaller rifle with good quality parts.

Best of luck to you!

Notchy Bob

This is the direction I will be going on my next rifle. I just don't have the nerve to try and build one myself just yet. I build my own self bows and so far I have been fairly successful. There have been times however when drawing the string one hears the "tik...tik..POW!". Then I start all over again. With something like a rifle kit "starting over again" can be an expensive proposition. That's why I will be purchasing a Chambers "Kit" and going with an experienced builder.

RM

I’d never heard of Cabin Creek till I read this thread.
Just spent 40 minutes browsing and slowly turning the envy colour :)
Copied their workshop photos.
Something to learn on here all the time.
I follow them on social media. It’s a pleasant surprise to see their beautiful work from time to time pop up on my feed.

I would like to get a gun that is the right size for one of my youngsters. What do you think about Cabins Flintlock?
Thumbs up on Cabin Creek. I sent my useless Pedersoli Kentucky lock to Brad and he tuned it to something that resembled a decent lock. He is down to earth and honest.

IMG_0592[6931].jpg
Here is my cabin creek yorktown, Brad tuned lock,& Bobby Hoyt Barrel and I have 2 other siler locks tuned by Brad. He does great work at a fair price .Even better if you can visit his shop
IMG_0594.jpg

Latest posts

Back