• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Cabin Creek Kit

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mb3

40 Cal.
Reaction score
I am somewhat new to BP as I got my first rifle about a year ago a percussion (CS Richmond). But I would like to get a Virginia pattern long rifle (my first flint) and wanted opinions on the Cabin Creek Va kit. I have a U.S. rifle from just about every conflict this country has been in with the exception of The Revolutionary War and the War of 1812. I like the Virginia Rifles and figure it would qualify as a Malitia weapon for the Rev War. I was also looking at a Brown Bess but they are pricey.

Have you compared that kit to what is offered by Tip Curtiss, or by Matt and Toni Avant at Tenn. Valley Muzzleloading? I think you will get a superior rifle if you simply order one from Matt, unless you have very good woodworking skills, and prior experience building a gun from parts. :thumbsup:

No I have not compared the kit to TVM. I guess that is what I need to hear. I have seen some of the prices of Virginia patterned rifles and they do seem to be a bit pricey. One other consideration I had was a Pedersoli Frontier rifle. Not quite the same but similar and less expensive. In the end I may either have to save longer or buy used to get what I am looking for.

MB,
Don't know what kind of budget you have available, but there is a nice Southern rifle by TVM for sale on this site. You might want to look at it.
Mark

I totally recomend anything from Cabincreek. I have a Colonial Va that Brad made for me and I really love the gun. It shoots prob better than I can shoot it. Brad Emig is one of the best gunmakers in the country with out a doubt. If you live close I highly recomend making a visit to his shop. He does a lot of work on orginal guns. When I ordered my gun he had an orginal Dickert, Blunderbuss, and swivelbreach that he was doing restoration work on. Oh what it was like to shoulder an orginal Dickert. For the owners of these works of art to trust Cabincreek to do work on their priceless pieces of history goes to show you his craftmanship. Anyway good luck with your gun hunting and if you have any questions feel free to pm me

Cabin Creek does a lot of the work for you on their kits. Plus it comes standard with a swamped barrel. There kits aren't cheap but they are made with quality components and well worth the price.

Back