• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Cabela's rifle questions

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coredneck

32 Cal
Reaction score
So I have this cabelas .54 rifle (left handed) and we are headed out to the local gunsmith tomorrow, I am still wondering if he can bore it out to say a 20 gauge (.615) or 28 (.550) or someplace in between to use for turkeys and small game. I also am interested in a barrel swap but to new to this to know what to look at or what things are supposed to be called when looking things up. Being made by investarms I would think they may have made a single shotgun or smoothbore I could swap? Any help as finding anything blackpowder out here in the boonies is rare

Attachments

• 20210205_171337[1].jpg
    20210205_171337[1].jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 75
  • 20210205_171418[1].jpg
    20210205_171418[1].jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 75
That barrel could be taken out to a smooth bore in the neighborhood of 58 caliber as long as nothing has been drilled too deep.

Don’t know if they ever offered it in left hand but at one time investarms Hawkens could be had in 20 gauge. The barrels were marked .20 cal.

Numrich Gun parts used to stock barrels for investarms, but appear to be out of stock. I actually purchased a left hand barrel from them years ago.

Latest posts

Back