• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Cabelas NEW gun policy

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really do not want to be engaged in this mess, but as a long time Indiana resident, owner of everything up to and including Class 3 fire arms, absolutely incorrect. The state of Indiana has no requirement for anything concerning muzzle loading firearms other than special seasons for hunting.

Cabela as a private company can require anything the want.

Don
Including going out of buisness

A NH shop, wants a 4473 for ML sidelocks. Left 1200 dollars in sale for them to put back.

Reason stated was they are in our books. Sad the Owner of the place is one of the biggest NFA dealers in the country. Sent him a letter and email with no reply.

Shop is in Hooksett NH "The Shooters Outpost"

I now have a new SOT for my NFA needs and no more of my money will end up there.

I see Zonie coming with a big ‘ol padlock soon... :)
No lock yet.
I did have to remove a lot of political posts and modify others to remove politics from them.

You folks that want to make political statements need to become paying members of the forum. Then, you will have access to the areas where politics and the Second Amendment are talked about.

Simple answer do not shop there for anything, and encourage you friends to do the same. Plenty of other places to shop and besides the smaller run family business could use your patronage.

I couldn't agree more!

The Cabelas in Eugene OR is now not worth the trip. High prices, Empty/missing shelves and one or two nasty employees and they are right on the list with Dicks. (The store not the appendage).

To put this in perspective, I have a Sportsman's and a Scheels within a 10-15 minute drive, Cabelas and Bass-Pro within an hour. I rarely visit any of them. For my ML stuff, I drive almost 3 hours. There is a store in Manitou Springs, CO called "The Mountain Man". If anyone is ever in that neck of the woods, its worth the stop. It has everything pertaining to traditional muzzleloading. The staff are knowledgeable and willing to help. Small family run business, and I am more than willing to take the trip to purchase from them.

As I stated before, support small busniess!

Cabelas does NOT have legal authority to do this. So if someone wants to lie on cabelas paperwork, you can’t go after them. I think cabelas, wall mart, and others WANT to get out of the gun selling trade, and this is the preliminary step. And the part about store records only- sure, an ATF agent can “ accidentally “ look through them . I’d rather shop small business anyway, please support them. They need the money,to fight new rules meant to shut THEM down...
Been a long time since I spent any money at Cabela's. Not planning to any time soon.
There are too many other choices. Most of them with better quality and employees who are happy to see you.

Cabela's in ME and Bass Pro in NH are the same ownership. Wife likes the clothing when we go by but I just look at the fish aquariums. Cabela's beats Bass Pro by far on that.

Any gun stuff I go a bit south or east to Kittery Trading Post.

Wow. What are the chances, we generally think of muzzleloaders as being fairly benign, relative to the crime world.
Wonder how that happened since black powder muzzle loaders are considered toys and not fire arms. Don’t quite know how they could be held responsible for selling a toy.

I am told even the UN don't class muzzle loaders as firearms but this is ignored by the UK and some States like Washington State ( as regards to pistols at least ). and Queensland Australia class real toys as' firearms', As does the FAA regardless of what the US federal law says . So its a bit of a minefield . Well No I take that back its a Lot of a mine field .
I don't watch all the US news but Fox seems quite ecseptable to me as Most all the Media are anti gun left wing biased , If ide to pick a trust worthy one it would be Algaseras .
Rudyard

Lonewolf, good to hear Suzi is still active at The Gun Works. Good people.
The gun works is a great shop to visit, and the help is also very good. David is also a good shooter and the barrel maker Dave really makes a great barrel over in the barrel shop. I have built a good many guns, and most the barrels and part came from the gun works.

Back