• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Cabelas NEW gun policy

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cabelas is being sued. Keeping records is good practice to know who is suing you.
Even antique guns can be abused. Over half of all American adults are gun owners.
Whether white,black or latino everyone values the Second Amendment.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm still unclear on the "policy" of which you speak?
Are we talking about non-firearms?

Just ordered a Tradition .50 cal Kentucky from MidwayUSA and it's actually being sent to my house unlike cabelas who WON'T ship to your house anymore

I just bought a gun from Muzzle-Loaders and it shipped to me.
Great. I ordered a Traditions Kentucky from MidwayUSA and had it also had it shipped to my apartment. Got it last week.

Attachments

• 20210403_113209.jpg
    20210403_113209.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 85
Great. Well I wish I COULD tell everyone what cabelas new policy was even on black powder guns but I can't. I had order a Pedersoli Blue Ridge from them but when I was told about there new policy, at least in Indiana, I just decided to cancel the order. That's why I went to MidwayUSA and ordered a Traditions Kentucky. Received it my house about a week ago.

Bill proposed in Congress would change that. Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee, I believe, may not pass but that's what they're going for, total registration.
Even though they're forbidden by law, and were unsuccessfully sued, the Pennsylvania Police maintain a permanent trove of records relative to handgun purchases. You're right about the registration thing.

Yes, Obama had a meeting with wal mart, bass pro , cabelas, and a few others. Press was not allowed at all. I remember it on the news like yesterday. The press were very mad they were not let in. Since you can’t have a federal gun registry, they are trying to make the states do it, barring that, getting the retailers to do it . The establishment politicians want gun control through back door methods,since they can’t get around the constitution. Call me a lier if you want, it HAPPENED!
"Every front door has two in the back!" -Larry Fine.

Wonder how that happened since black powder muzzle loaders are considered toys and not fire arms. Don’t quite know how they could be held responsible for selling a toy.

They are afraid of lawsuits from crime and accident victims filed by activist attorneys.
Even if the retailers win the suits, they are still out thousands of dollars in attorney fees and court costs, not to mention all the bad publicity.
Also, the retailer’s insurance carriers are almost certainly pushing the additional paperwork and background checks.

One priority I have anything doing to buying supplies,
Ammo, reloading, or firearms I always pay cash. Any store that wants my ID on what I’m buying unless it’s a NICS checks for a firearm, I will not buy from that store. NYS was doing this with ammo from Dictator Cuomo's Safe Act Bill. Some Box Stores complied most all smaller stores did not. I actually walked out of a logun store I frequently bought from back then. After laying $500 on the counter for 30-06 rounds (back when they were .67 a round) they wanted to see my license to record the sale (I’m friggin 60 years old) I said no, took my cash and walked out, told him you lost a steady customer for life. Anyway fast forward now all stores don’t comply. NYS is such a wreck there is no money or infrastructure to even begin to monitor the sales. I would’t worry about it.

They are making people fill out paperwork on black powder guns. I thought it was for revolvers only but I guess it's for all bp guns. I was going to buy a revolver at Christmas and he said I had to do paperwork and I told him not for bp and he said yes I do and I told him that it is illegal to use a federal firearm form for a nonfirearm and that they can lose their ffl if they do. He said it's not a real federal form but a store form for their own records. I started filling it out and it made me sick and I told him I'm not interested no more.
It's a sick filling but that's the world today. A few years back I bought my glock 20 at this store but I'm runed on bass pro. Can't stand them since they took over cabelas.

Just called the first bass pro in Springfield Missouri and I asked if a person has to do paperwork on a bp purchase and he said no. I told him that I have heard that bass pro now requires paper work and he said it's not a federal form but it is their own version to protect them from law suits. He said no background check is made that the paperwork just goes in their files to protect them.
Now we know.

Just called the first bass pro in Springfield Missouri and I asked if a person has to do paperwork on a bp purchase and he said no. I told him that I have heard that bass pro now requires paper work and he said it's not a federal form but it is their own version to protect them from law suits. He said no background check is made that the paperwork just goes in their files to protect them.
Now we know.
Good info for people!

Art the mile or more shot would follow only if the shooter is capable of it, but like old joe said hell everyone should have a shotgun, kinda says it all now does it not.

Back