• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

CA new guy

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hi All,

I just joined the group from the SF bay area.
Anyone else from these parts?

I've been shooting for a little over 50 years, but since I got here a few years ago have sure slowed down---no good places to go! Had a place in Texas for quite a while and could go shooting in the pasture any time I wanted, but those days are gone---

Colin AKA "Black Dog Snooks"

Welcome Black Dog,

I'd send you to visit my sister-in-law in Santa Cruz, but that would be too cruel for the uninitiated. She & I don't see eye-to-eye in things like hunting, shooting, not strangling sister-in-laws . . . most things, in fact.

Stay and enjoy,

Well, how 'bout that? A man in my own backyard. I'm in the East Bay. What part are you in?

I also happen to have a black dog that looks just like the one in your avatar. :thumbsup:

Thanks for the warm welcome!

Stumpkiller---The key words there are "in-law".
They're all the same (I hope my wife doesn't read this post).

Rex----I'm in San Rafael. Your dog may be related, as I got mine from the pound in '96. He's getting pretty gray now just like me.

:eek:

Kee-rice! I'm in SF myself. Boy, we must really be an underground movement or some sort of secret order. Perhaps we should form a clandestine group and enshroud ourselves in secrecy. There'll be books written about us. How about the "Bucktails" after the 13th Pennsylvania Reserves (aka 42nd Pennsylvania Volunteer Infantry).

BTW, my uncle is also a BP buff and we've been taking classes at Bowling Green for the past 4 years. We're going to Conner Prairie this year.

I use to shoot at the Rendezvous at the Livermore-Pleasanton Rod & Gun (about 50 miles from home). Then the range got closed. They're developing plans to make it safer.

I was in San Rafael just a couple of weeks ago, and I go to SF fairly often (I drive all over the Bay area for my job). Small world.

BlackDog
welcome to the forum. with 50yrs of shooting behind
you, you must must have a lot of info to share with us!!
again welcome
:) I am snake-eyes :)

Back