• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Buying Roy Stroh fowler

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kingsax26

45 Cal.
Reaction score
Well, a dream is almost coming to fruition! Recently spoke with ROY STROH and I was able to talk him out of a fowler that he built for himself
needless to say I am incredibly excited. I am also having him make me a southern horn, and am going to be having a bag made by Eric Ewing. Who says christmas doesnt come in february lol. These are some stock photos from Roys Website, there will be more to follow shortly
S6300127-1-600x120.jpg
[/URL][/img]
S6300125-1-600x264.jpg
[/URL][/img]
S6300123-600x252.jpg
[/URL][/img]

The gun itself consists of a chambers early ketland lock , mated to a 46 inch ed rayle barrel in 20 bore. stocked in cherry with brass fittings this is not a specific style of gun but something that could have been found almost anywhere as it has multiple infuences to its architecture. The reality of this gun is that it was an experiment by ROY to see if he could, based on original examples build a very light fowler that wouldn't beat the manure out of you. And when I say light, I mean it...this thing only weighs 6 pounds! to give you an idea of how slim this piece truly is, the wrist measure right in the neighborhood of
1 3/4 inches if my memory serves me correct. so thats the story for now, will keep everyone posted when it gets here!!

Very beautiful and elegant lines....especially in the wrist.. That gun looks like it would just become an extension of one's own arm.... :thumbsup: :hatsoff:

Spike, if a kid knocks this over. I'm using the kids to hold my targets.... I'm pretty sure I'll be cordoning of my shooting Areawith rope lol

Bryon,

Our pals Roy and Terry Briggs teamed up to rebuild a .40 Cal rifle for me over the Summer. Roy did a lot on the architecture and Terry had carte blanch on carving the stock. The results are jaw dropping.

Show it to you next Fall.

Nice. :thumbsup:
Roy builds some beautiful stuff. Nice guy too.

He built my .36 squirrel gun from a TOW kit after I chickened out. Then I had him build me a full custom .54 and then a 28ga. Love 'em all.
Roy should have a pistol done for me any time now.

Back