• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Buying Powder

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's being eyeballed.I posted a link about it,Claude deleted it.

If ya was ever thinking about it NOW is the time to order that case of powder you should have ordered last year... :wink:

They may be but the news says it was not gun powder. We all know that they never lie! Geo. T.

Frenchman said:
:hmm: Hearing that the FED's are looking to put tighter control on selling black powder sales since Boston.
Do you have a link or a source for that kind of information?

well, the news says all manner of stuff and, to paraphrase Tennessee Williams' Cat on a Hot Tin Roof, i smell the 'stench of mendacity.'

just looking at the second explosion on the TV footage, i am willing to bet it was BP; the color and volume of smoke are, i think, unmistakable.

just one guy's opinion, mind you, and i don't hold myself out as any sort of expert, but that very light grey color is pretty hard to miss.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rifleman1776 said:
Frenchman said:
:hmm: Hearing that the FED's are looking to put tighter control on selling black powder sales since Boston.

Rumors born of paranoia.
Do some research and get back to us when you have facts.

Hey there Mr Positive :blah: Pollyanna is dead.

Frenchman said:
Do you have a link, a quote, anything?

Claude said:
Scots Jim said:
It's being eyeballed.I posted a link about it,Claude deleted it.
I'm not the only one who can delete posts and if it was political in nature, and it was in the wrong forum, it should have been deleted.

It wasn't and it was.

I found out a fair bit about selling Black Powder from a local dealer who loves to shoot black powder. It's very hard for him to keep it in stock because insurance policy limits him to 50 pounds, and (like us) he has to buy it in 25 lb lots for it to be practical. He's suspects that he loses on every can of Goex that he sells at $20. He stocks it because he supports black powder shooters, and I suspect that its pretty much the same for most businesses. My spending money goes his way whenever reasonable.

agree it looked like BP smoke, but I haven't heard anything of the sulfur smell at the scene. I would have thought we'd hear that.

"Rumors"???? not any more. Here's the straight dope put out by NMLRA.

"On April 17th, 2013, U.S. Senator Frank Lautenberg (D-NJ) issued a press stating that he plans on proposing new legislation and attempting to amend current gun control legislation before Congress that would require the sales of black powder to be subject to a criminal background check. The entire press release can be read by clicking here. The NMLRA staff is working to monitor this proposed legislation and keep you informed as the situation develops.

According to the press release, Lautenberg will introduce the “Explosive Materials Background Check Act,” which will require a background check to purchase black powder, black powder substitute and smokeless powder in any quantity. His office has also stated that he intends to offer this is as an amendment on future legislation that is being considered by the Senate.

The NMLRA encourages you to contact your elected officials and voice your opinion on this matter. You may use the National Shooting Sports Foundation’s elected official lookup to determine who your representatives are in Congress."

When you "click here" this is what you find: http://www.lautenberg.senate.gov/newsroom/record.cfm?id=341435&

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back