• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Buying Black Powder

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ShootistJack

To Hunt Is To Live
Reaction score
Today I went to the local place that has black powder for sale. They had SCHUETZEN.
I bought a pound of FFg and a pound of FFFFg. $39.95 plus tax per pound. What are
you all seeing near your homes?
Screen Shot 2022-06-09 at 7.54.34 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-06-09 at 7.55.10 PM.png

No shops local that carry BP, closest one was 90 miles away and about $10 more per pound than ordering and paying hazmat. Over the past 25 years, always had to order it. Back last fall, I partnered up with a friend and bought the 25 lb special from Toby @ Travelers Antiques and Trading, Clyde, TX. I bought the Travelers repackaged Schuetzen 2F and 3F, in the white bottle. Price for the 25 lb package was $495 which included hazmat and shipping ($19.80 per pound) delivered. I just checked and Travelers is not advertising any specials, but here is their current prices. They are out of stock on the Swiss.

Travelers Antiques and Trading

Brands​

• Swiss 1FG ( 1 lb Can) 28.00
    • Swiss 11/2 FG (1lb Can) 28.00
    • Swiss 2 FG (1lb Can) 28.00
    • Swiss 3 FG (1lb Can) 28.00
    • Schuetzen 2F (1lb Can) 23.00
    • Schuetzen 3F (1lb Can) 23.00
    • Schuetzen 4F (1lb Can) 24.00
    • Travelers Schuetzen 3F (1lb Can) 18.00
    • Travelers 1 1/2 Swiss (1lb Can) 24.00
    • Travelers Reenactor powder (1lb Can) 13.00

Last I bought locally was $26.00 a pound if I remember right. All he had was 6lbs of Fg in metal cans. I bought all 6.

I've been getting mine over the counter at Kentucky Gun Company in Bardstown, Ky. Schuetzen is $22.99 lb while Swiss is much higher at $31.99 lb. Both are usually in stock when I check online before driving an hour from home to get there. Not seen any 4F lately though for sale but they usually have 2F & 3F in stock.

No shops local that carry BP, closest one was 90 miles away and about $10 more per pound than ordering and paying hazmat. Over the past 25 years, always had to order it. Back last fall, I partnered up with a friend and bought the 25 lb special from Toby @ Travelers Antiques and Trading, Clyde, TX. I bought the Travelers repackaged Schuetzen 2F and 3F, in the white bottle. Price for the 25 lb package was $495 which included hazmat and shipping ($19.80 per pound) delivered. I just checked and Travelers is not advertising any specials, but here is their current prices. They are out of stock on the Swiss.

Travelers Antiques and Trading

Brands​

• Swiss 1FG ( 1 lb Can) 28.00
    • Swiss 11/2 FG (1lb Can) 28.00
    • Swiss 2 FG (1lb Can) 28.00
    • Swiss 3 FG (1lb Can) 28.00
    • Schuetzen 2F (1lb Can) 23.00
    • Schuetzen 3F (1lb Can) 23.00
    • Schuetzen 4F (1lb Can) 24.00
    • Travelers Schuetzen 3F (1lb Can) 18.00
    • Travelers 1 1/2 Swiss (1lb Can) 24.00
    • Travelers Reenactor powder (1lb Can) 13.00
What’s up with the repackaged Schuetzen?

What’s up with the repackaged Schuetzen?
They buy bulk from Schuetzen and repackage into 1 lb. pound containers marked as Travelers Schuetzen. Other suppliers buy bulk and repackage as well. Jack's Powder Keg used to repackage Goex, and Graf and Son repackages Schuetzen.

Latest posts

Back