• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Button buck

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
They're all yarded up now, so when you see one your likely to see fifteen or even more. Thats thirty eyes and thirty ears you are trying to out wit when they are already at a high state of alertness, after the regular gun season. And such it was last evening when at least ten of them figured something was amiss and held up behind a hemlock grove. Not moving a muscle for fifteen or twenty minutes on high tension is pretty hard on this old man, but after that time I was able to unkink enough to put the sights on this bold little fellow who stepped out into harms way.
unnamed.jpg

I thank him for his sacrifice.
Robby

Congrats I have been trying to score with my 54 Renegade without any success but don't regret the hours i have spent watching Deer just out of range.

Late season gets really tough. Deer are on high alert. Even the "deer of the year" are now educated. Cover for a hunter is at a premium. Every little sound one makes seems amplified. Taking a deer during the late season is truly special. And with a beautiful Robby-built rifle, I presume, even better! Congrats! :thumb:

Brit, easy on the lock on the wrong side, God only made a few of us perfect the rest he said O well right handed it shall be. MERRY CHRISTMAS

This evening I had two yearlings under the feeder by my cabin while I built a fire 30 yards away.

They seemed offended at first but then decided I wasn’t much of a threat and went back to eating. I poked the fire and they would stop and watch me every few minutes.

Great time if the year to be in the Texas woods.

And to your closing line, " I thank him for his sacrifice. " That's been exactly my sentiments looking down on every magnificent creature that has ever fallen to my rifle. Every one.

Beautiful rifle. What caliber?

ADK Bigfoot
It is a .45. Originally it was a .50, but I could not get it to zero and worked with it for over a year trying every thing I know, even asking others for input and still it would not hold a zero. I gave it everything I had and finally called the barrel maker, he swapped it out for me at no charge. So I had to refit the new .45 into an already finished stock, not nearly as simple as fitting one into a blank. I was able to get it done and sighted in just before the season started. It all came together and added a little bit more to the hunt.
Thanks fellows!
Robby

Congratulations. Tuff to fool all them eyes and ears this time of year and did it with a flintlock which sure is pretty. Dan.

Latest posts

Back