• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Bushy Tails

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shane a gress

40 Cal
Reaction score
Went for a walk around the fence rows and got two squirrels for the pot.

Attachments

• 20190126_103411_resized.jpg
    20190126_103411_resized.jpg
    145.4 KB · Views: 139
Good shooting Shane. I was thinking of going out for squirrels today myself but its just pretty cold here yet and I couldn't seem to leave the wood stove and coffee pot. What is that you were hunting with?

Just walked down to the road to get my mail. Its a little over a tenth of a mile each way. I stopped at the barn to check the thermometer . Its 14 degrees Fahrenheit with out the wind chill here. The squirrels will have to wait.

No, Brit it's not a rifle. It's the only flintlock I own. 62 with a nice piece of maple.
Logcutter it was 19 when I put hay out for the horses. I seen the squirrels were out running through the hickory limbs. So I loaded up and went for a stroll.

Congratulations on the squirrel hunt. I'm a sucker for shooting your dinner!

Nice! They're a lot of fun to hunt. I wanta take the 58 cal trade gun for a walk next weekend for some squirrels.

Supper around 4, I'll have a fresh cup of coffee waiting on you.
I don't think I can get there by suppertime.....:(
Dang - I was THAT close.......
"""
from Manor, Texas
to Harrisonville, Pennsylvania

22 h 7 min (1,523 miles)
via I-40 E

Fastest route, the usual traffic
  • This route has tolls.
  • Your destination is in a different time zone.

Dang, you guys are making me hungry! The worst part is our squirrel closes on the 31st of this month and I won't get back to the cabin until that day, probably too late in the day to hunt. :mad:

Yeah, hunting squirrels is fun. It's a blast when they are jumping from limb to limb and you have 42 inches of steel pointing straight up and trying to stay on target.

Back