• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Bullet puller,

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Made this up recently for an important job.
I dry balled my Fournier target pistolšŸ˜«,after all these years and advice to others, I was distracted and forgot one very vital ingredient.
5C1E925C-D03C-4A5C-9725-E4FE93E9D6C0.jpeg
6C546C26-CB6A-4B7A-8E73-2A24B4708C5D.jpeg

The rod is a chromed precision bit from a heavy duty car shock absorber, 0.490 inch diameter, so it centres well in a .50 and some grease protects the rifling.
I drilled and tapped the rod and JB welded a wood screw into a suitable bolt. The handle, made from the usual scrap, is flat on the underside for a good grip.
Worked like a charm.

Old wornout shocks are a good source of material as itā€™s usually only the piston that is worn.

Looks great! When I built my first flintlock I stuck a ball halfway down cause I broke the ramrod due to using to big of a ball or to thick of a patch. Could have used one of thoseā€¦but longer

Note.......I think the bullet puller rod ends that are very pointy , do the best . Track O T Wolf sells them. Most all the others out there are too blunt for me. When I was in my 20's and 30's , I seldom dry balled , but after a half century of shooting , one would think , You would not forget the powder. :dunno:

Back