• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Bulk lead source on line???

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had someone give me about 100 pounds of it in blocks so Im good but I'm told that roofers scrap many pounds of lead from flashings and liners. I'd contact one or more of them. You would have to melt and clean it though.

Roofers are an excellent source of lead! I've been known to drive around in good weather looking for roofing jobs in process. You'd be amazed at how cheap you can get lead if you offer to haul it away from the worksite. A couple cases of beer for a couple hundred pounds of lead? Oh Yeah!

I placed an order for 1lb ingots on Monday morning with Rotometals. Free shipping kicks in after just over 50 lbs. I ended up ordering 60lbs. 10 minutes after I placed the order I had a shipping notification with USPS tracking number. It arrived today. Awesome service!
IMG_20230208_121845_01.jpg

I placed an order for 1lb ingots on Monday morning with Rotometals. Free shipping kicks in after just over 50 lbs. I ended up ordering 60lbs. 10 minutes after I placed the order I had a shipping notification with USPS tracking number. It arrived today. Awesome service!
View attachment 196678
They are great to deal with. So great in fact that after reading your post I placed another order. I only bought 56 lbs, just enough to get the free shipping. And, like your experience, received a ship notice about 10 minutes later. I normally get mine in 3-4 days. I doubt if we see the price of lead go down anytime soon, luckily they've been running that 1lbs ingot "sale" for some time. It's a good price and I love the 1 lbs size.

My 3,000# order of lead and shot was shipping the day I ordered it! Unfortunately, it has sitting in a holdover point in MT for many days now. I assume it must sit and wait until more loads build up before a truck will come this way. I hope I get it before the lead expires and goes stale lol!

That is a lot of lead @MTplainsman! But nothing wrong with having plenty.
Yes, it's a good amount of lead and I paid a small fortune for it, but I have been selling what I don't need and putting it into "useable" assets. Lead will not get cheaper, nor will it get more available. I can sure use it and if need be, it will be great for barter or trade.

I order in 60 pound pigs. I have a very large dutch oven that I use to melt them down. I put the whole pig into the DO and melt it, flux it, and make it into pucks to fit my lee pot.

Pulled my 1863 musket, my Hatfield and my Renegade with 50 cal GMB to check my cleaning of 2 weeks ago. All patches pulled looked good. Re oiled and put away until upcoming shoots in Lenox, Ga and Fayetteville NC later this month. Looking forward to seeing my friends.

Back