• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Bulk Flints

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I bought a pound to see. $29.95 is bulk price for a pound. $34.95 is hand select. I did not do the hand select to see what I got. 37 large flints. 2 were throw away rocks to me. French amber and black. I would not say pretty or consistent like what we see these days. Gave my brother for his peddy 1777 all the best french amber since these flints are supposed to be 200 plus yrs old. Have not tried them. Most are very large flints. Bess and charlie use I believe. 6 or so smaller like 7/8's size. Again not pretty and after shipping and tax say $45 total. So about a buck a flint.

Next I will try the hand select and ask for smaller flints. Benefit is you will get more in a pound of course. I would not call them junk nor are they the queen of the ball. A military working line flint. Not a display piece. 200 yrs old. Hope this helps. I will buy again and see what hand select is next time.

I bought a bunch of them from International Military Arms trying to find French Amber for my fusil de chasse . I was happy to find that 20% of them were French Amber the rest were Shades of gray and black English Flint the sizes ranged from large musket to medium rifle and small pistol all were in good condition except for a few unusable flints I pulled out half of the flints that I wanted and sold the rest on eBay making enough money to cover all of my cost for the free Flint good deal

I just received a pound of flints' from IMA. I asked for a smaller size. Got mostly musket size flints, the first three rows on the right. The next row to the let of the three are the smaller flints. Lastly, the row to the far left is the junk row. Badly broken and useless flints. Thought that I would share this for your consideration.

Attachments

• IMG_1652[57].jpg
    IMG_1652[57].jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 0
I just received a pound of flints' from IMA. I asked for a smaller size. Got mostly musket size flints, the first three rows on the right. The next row to the let of the three are the smaller flints. Lastly, the row to the far left is the junk row. Badly broken and useless flints. Thought that I would share this for your consideration.
Pretty consistent with mine. I did throw the 2 that were good for gravel in the driveway away. Looks you got more black english than I did. I got 18 or more french amber. Appears you got more usuable smaller flints, 7/8's size than I did. But pretty consistent with my experience. Some are definitely not beauty queens or show pieces.

Not encouraging. Believe I'll stick with reliable vendors selling recent made flints.

Back