• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Building ME a NW Trade Gun ! :)

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@Rob M. if the world is still in one piece this time next year and we're both still chugging along I bet I'll be contacting you. Need to get through this Clay Smith build, which is running a little late, and try to educate myself more on the Trade Guns to know which one I'd like.

Sounds like a real project, will be looking forward to reading. Love the bench and vice.
David

You and me both. So much to know and not a lot of time left. I sure enjoy the build process though. @Rob M. does such a great job. I do plan on several more builds but I would like to own one custom made gun. I wonder who I should contract with for that? ;)
Yes at a certain age one starts to balance the cost against the time, or lack thereof. As for contracting a custom, I am guessing you already have an idea!

...slabbed off

Attachments

• IMG_20230303_162519.jpg
    IMG_20230303_162519.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 0
@Rob M. if the world is still in one piece this time next year and we're both still chugging along I bet I'll be contacting you. Need to get through this Clay Smith build, which is running a little late, and try to educate myself more on the Trade Guns to know which one I'd like.
Your Clay Smith build is running late ? I thought you just ordered it ?

Yeah , go figure ! Even took a pizza break in town too for lunch . I got two NW trade guns that will be having their locks installed in a couple days , then trigger , then bolts , then buttplate ....then get to shoot them for their first shot ....so if all goes smooth , LOL , both will be , hopefully , shootable by next weekend . We'll see ! Gettin excited ! Maybe I'll get a NW trade gun one day ! :)
You got a lot done!

Last edited:
It will be a month on Monday, was told 2-3 weeks. But I'm not complaining at all. It's just about ready to ship, I called a couple of days ago to check, haven't been bugging him on it.
Oh no , just curious, being nosey . ....didn't think you were complaining or such .

Back