• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Building a Trade Gun with period accurate concerns

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Then its not a trade gun . If you want to build a percussion rifle and put a dragon side plate on it ....go for it !
Check out the Seth Kinman rifle. It was carried by this frontiersman who was a professional hunter.
The rifle was restocked and belongs to no school. It was a one of a kind gun.
Seen today it looks like a Disney movie gun and nothing like a ‘real’ ml from the time.
Guess what?
People repaired and replaced stocks. And made guns from miss matched parts.
Your gun won’t be historic in the way it would have fit in with typical guns of the time. However no less authenticity styled, as your one of a kind did not exist, such one of a kinds did exist.

Check out the Seth Kinman rifle. It was carried by this frontiersman who was a professional hunter.
The rifle was restocked and belongs to no school. It was a one of a kind gun.
Seen today it looks like a Disney movie gun and nothing like a ‘real’ ml from the time.
Guess what?
People repaired and replaced stocks. And made guns from miss matched parts.
Your gun won’t be historic in the way it would have fit in with typical guns of the time. However no less authenticity styled, as your one of a kind did not exist, such one of a kinds did exist.
No $hit ... thats why I said if you wanted to make a rifle with a dragon sifeplate....go for it . I was encouraging you to build what you want ...

Back