• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Building a companion pistol for my long rifle

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kilted Cowboy

Pilgrim
Reaction score
I finished a Kibler Colonial in .54 caliber last year.
I was thinking that I now would like to build a companion for it in the same caliber
from the same time period. Since I am still a greenhorn I am looking for a kit
with a pre carved stock. Something not overly complicated but good quality.
Any suggestions would be most helpful.

Thanks Robby.
Does anyone have an opinion or built the Chambers Kentucky pistol.
Looks like all parts necessary in one kit and it comes in a .54

Thanks Robby.
Does anyone have an opinion or built the Chambers Kentucky pistol.
Looks like all parts necessary in one kit and it comes in a .54

Well the Chambers lock is probably a good match and it will be excellent quality. IF you're going for a Pre-Awi, longhunter era match, then you might want a smoothie, but if you're going post AWI, then go for the rifled piece. The Chambers pistol has an exceptionally long barrel, sort of dueling-pistol-esque, and is swamped, so you're talking probably an easy pistol to hold and a good sighting plane.

LD

I was looking at Cabin Creeks Colonial pistol kit.
Has anyone here have any experience with them or this pistol?
I have it narrowed down to Cabin Creek or Chambers

I have seen a finished Chamber's kit done by himself Jim Chambers. The pistol looked like a fine custom and it does have a long barrel. That kit would fit your time period and it would be a great pistol for target or hunting.

Latest posts

Back