• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Buffaloaf

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

waarp8nt

Smidgin Injun
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
East of the Kaskaskia River in Illinois Country
The local Aldi's store started carrying Buffalo Hamburger, so we tried it. 1st as Hamburgers, then Tacos, then Chili and last night I decided to try my favorite meatloaf recipe with you guessed it Buffalo. It's basically Trisha Yearwoods meatloaf recipe with Buffalo Hamburger substituted for Beef Hamburger. I stuck with 1/2 the recipe for 1lb of meat instead of 2lbs, typically I add green and red bell peppers, but did not add them last night. Non the less it was very good. Made it in a muffin pan instead of a traditional pan, I like the crunchy sides and the meat to be a little more done, plus nobody has to argue over getting an end piece. 😀

20230318_183920.jpg

The local Aldi's store started carrying Buffalo Hamburger, so we tried it. 1st as Hamburgers, then Tacos, then Chili and last night I decided to try my favorite meatloaf recipe with you guessed it Buffalo. It's basically Trisha Yearwoods meatloaf recipe with Buffalo Hamburger substituted for Beef Hamburger. I stuck with 1/2 the recipe for 1lb of meat instead of 2lbs, typically I add green and red bell peppers, but did not add them last night. Non the less it was very good. Made it in a muffin pan instead of a traditional pan, I like the crunchy sides and the meat to be a little more done, plus nobody has to argue over getting an end piece. 😀

View attachment 207649
I'm gonna try that muffin pan idea. Looks good. Back in the nineties my wife asked what kind of birthday cake I wanted. Carnivore that I am, I said I would like a meatloaf Bundt cakes with mashed taters icing and decorated with sweet peas. Well she took me seriously and made it and it was delicious. Became a regular thing around here. That was beef but I'm sure it would be good with buffler.

Well she took me seriously and made it and it was delicious. Became a regular thing around here.

Sounds good to me!

My wife and I were to bring dessert to supper at my folks house. She bought a couple of the jello cheesecake kits, one cherry and the other one mistakenly plain. We ended up throwing some peach pie filling on the plain one and headed for supper...my family loved it. It became a regularly requested dessert at family gatherings.

Latest posts

Back