• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Buffalo hunt

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The application period starts tomorrow.

It appears that the shooters won't get to keep much, if any, of the meat. As stated in the FAQs:
"Lethal removal does not allow the person who killed the animal to keep the entire animal; "

Only centerfire rifles in .30 cal. or above and non-lead ammo are approved. Therefore, muzzleloaders are not allowed.

Bottle neck cartridges only. I guess the overly intelligent bureaucrats never heard of a Sharps taking buffalo at 300+ yards with a 45-70 or .50-90.

When i first saw this I was thinking it would be great to hunt a buffalo with my .58 Hawken using patched round ball like they did in the frontier days. After seeing the restrictions, I have to agree with some of the other posters that the NPS do their own dirty work. Why would anyone want to shoot a buff if they couldn't keep the meat and hide?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back