• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Buffalo Gun

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cositrike

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Anyone for some short range Buff hunting!

Attachments

• 6AEC5872-9F76-4BB1-8DDB-734BC40B78C5.jpeg
    6AEC5872-9F76-4BB1-8DDB-734BC40B78C5.jpeg
    199.5 KB · Views: 302
  • BEE98411-5DA5-4E33-B725-CBE0F0D04814.jpeg
    BEE98411-5DA5-4E33-B725-CBE0F0D04814.jpeg
    234.3 KB · Views: 294
It makes me think it was used by one of the indigenous people. The butt stock is shaped like a war club. The overall length looks short for ease of loading on horse back while riding.
And the beautiful tack work adds to the overall appearance.

It makes me think it was used by one of the indigenous people. The butt stock is shaped like a war club. The overall length looks short for ease of loading on horse back while riding.
And the beautiful tack work adds to the overall appearance.
The tack work is actually glass beads, not brass tacks. The gun is old, but is a recent alteration based on two original native guns

Josh Randall (Steve McQueen)'s Grandaddy would have been proud to own one.

I guess that it is a ONE OFF? either way it is a very desirable piece!

that is great! thank you for the reply. sort of like repurposing it?!

that is great! thank you for the reply. sort of like repurposing it?!
Yep. It was really in sh*t order. I got a gunsmith to work it over for me and then did some work myself and this is what came out. Not everyone’s thing, but I love it. Thanks for looking

Back