• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Buffalo Bill Historical Center Hawken Rifle Display

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
From Cody Wyoming, now lives in Oakwood Illinois
400433E2-77BE-4A67-A572-4301CD07BC08.jpeg FF113471-3C11-495E-B783-55C9613BAA40.jpeg 24042E9F-0337-47CB-86F6-4E403187EC11.jpeg A042A1A7-A3D8-4B46-AE51-706D7C89DBCE.jpeg D3BA962D-6AF8-4D62-B419-56B1FD7A65FF.jpeg C4182329-0BDC-42AA-A21B-00746CCF6948.jpeg 64243891-1C4B-4F33-994D-5E7080D3A990.jpeg 28A41A3A-8B6F-48ED-8838-97580E46F066.jpeg 093EF2CA-C11C-4838-9A8C-9337695E263C.jpeg 8410AA5D-07F2-41AA-8A2B-7ED295EA303B.jpeg Went back home to see the folks and relatives back in Cody Wyoming back in September. As always, went to check out the Hawken Rifle Display. Thought I’d share my recent pics of them with you. Also want to share my childhood home/ future home in a couple of years.

Respectfully, Cowboy

I've always loved that part of the country, and the museum there in Cody is a great place to spend time. I would have retired up in that vicinity if the snow wasn't so deep and the weather so cold throughout such a long winter. That's the reason I decided to stay further south. I just hate staying indoors so much of the time when it's that cold and white out. I hope you enjoy your life there...and you will be closer to the Green River Rendezvous too !

Thanks for posting , Beautiful Country!

Doesn’t look as if your shooting will disturb the Neighbors much....lol

Thanks for posting , Beautiful Country!

Doesn’t look as if your shooting will disturb the Neighbors much....lol
Going to try to make it down to your neck of the woods for the Frolic this year. Will be looking forward to seeing you brother.Wife has only two years left until she retires. We’re both heading back to Wyoming for good. Taking over the family homestead. Gotta come out west to see me. Have plenty of room!

Cowboy

I’m looking forward too it myself!

2 years... It’ll be here before you know it.
I know y’all can’t wait!

Beautiful place out there!

Smo

Thankee kindly, Cowboy. I've been there (Cody) and toured the museums too. That's beautiful country, but `way too cold for these old bones in the robe season. When ye get there again, stop by Gerry Fick's "Tecumseh's Trading Post" on the main drag and if he's still on the green side of the turf say Howdy to ol' Gerry for me, would ye?
Tanglefoot

cowboy...thanks for sharing..cody is a special place to my wife and i...ive got a large bronze sculpture in the museum collection...bighorn gallery in cody has handled our art for lots of years....dr. lennard who gave those hawkens to the museum was a dear friend of mine....a few years back i was a serious team roper and roped at the wilson ropings...i headed steers for mike beers and helped walt woodard with a couple clinics....we lived at bigfork montana for over 40 years but bought a small ranch on the mexican border south of tucson....once again thanks for posting.....fred fellows

Anyone with a sense of history should plan on spending 2or 3 or 4 days at the Cody Museum if at all possible. The gun section alone is worth a day but there is so much else to that it's not the place you want to rush through. We were there 8 or 10 years ago and it's still on my list of places to revisit. Thanks for the post Cowboy.

Back