• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

buckeye carbine

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
hi folks i`m new here. just a little lnfo ,my brother in law has a t/c buckeye carbine,when made,price range,shot very little,has recever sight,perc. lock any info would help. thanks

My web search shows it to be a nice little sidelock gun.

It has a 20 inch long round barrel mounted on a Renegade stock, often with a receiver peep sight.
Like the gun, that sight by the way is no longer being made and it is considered by many to be very good.
I know I like the ones I have.

I couldn't find any information about the rate of twist or the depth of the rifling TC used in these guns.

With that short barrel I would guess the rate of twist would be fast, designed for shooting conical bullets.

Apparently they were made in a very limited production. That doesn't increase their value though.

a friend of mine has a buckeye carbine with the round barrel. it has the tang peep & a high-gloss blue finish. I used to have a buckeye hunter carbine. it had an octagon barrel & the blue wasn't as shiny. it also had the tang peep. and as zonie says they basically look like sawed-off renegades. they were supposedly special ordered & sold by an ohio gunshop & have the shop initials stamped on the barrel. I believe the initials were jsh on the one I had.

Back