• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Bucket List Item Check Off

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Am retiring on 01 August(that way the health insurance stays for the entire month) after too many years and there are some things I want to do.
A Big One is finally getting to go by Dixie Gun Works in Union City, TN. Been trying to get there since I was 16 and am 66 now. Yeah, like a kid going to finally go see Santa.

Here is my prioritized shopping list:
  1. Pedersoli Indian Trade Musket
  2. Parker Hale Volunteer Rifle
  3. 1851 Yank Snubnose

What else that is 'IN STOCK' there should I consider?

Congratulation for your retirement, awesome, it's a great place to be. I've been at it for a while and it allowes me to shoot a couple days a week (mostly blackpowder), do a bit of fishing and take my time hunting in the Fall.

Wishing you a grand retirement, now get out there and be somebody, get that bucket list filled.

Keep adding to the list ...50 years ago or so on my first trip to DGW, they had a selection of cannon and mortar barrels at reasonable prices. Still regretting not buying one, sticking it in the car trunk, and driving home. Racks of antique guns of all persuasions, etc. and the man who waited on us was Turner Kirkland himself. Have fun.

I was there in 1971 and have always wanted to go back. They had boxes of parts you could buy by the pound,as well as many fine rifles . I left with a swivel breech 45 caliber which I still have.

Back. :cool:

Will post pix sometime later today once I decompress from the trip.
IMG_1821.jpg

Last edited:
DGW is a magical place. Haven't been in a couple of years, but have been there several times to handle, pick and choose what I wanted to buy. Great people there. It's a 1,000 mile round trip for me and worth it then. With today's gas price, maybe not so much.

Absolutely! And when I was there, set 3 catalogs to the side and asked the lady if the owner was there. Since they were, got them to autograph their pix on page 19. They were pleasantly surprised that I had asked. Got one for my son, cousin, and myself. Going to get another one on the next trip since mine is put up for the grandkids to have one day.

Back