• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

FOR SALE Browning Mountain Rifle

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
50 caliber Jonathon Browning Mountain rifle for sale. Browned steel furniture, almost new. Have fired about 10 rounds through this one but looks like new. Will ship in original box.
$850 + $40 shipping DSCN2239.JPG DSCN2240.JPG DSCN2232.JPG DSCN2234.JPG DSCN2235.JPG DSCN2237.JPG DSCN2238.JPG

Man I wish you could use .50 cal for elk here. Or that this was a 54. My brother has the same rifle, it would be cool to have the same.

Man I wish you could use .50 cal for elk here. Or that this was a 54. My brother has the same rifle, it would be cool to have the same.
Get him to knock off $150.00 and send the barrel to Bobby Hoyt.I would have him take it out to a .58 and you would have a awesome rifle. I have a .54 and you better have a Mule to carry it. I can't imagine how muzzle heavy a .50 would be.

My JBR was originally a 50, and it was quite a handful. As the previous poster said, I had Bobby Hoyt bore the barrel out to .58 with a 1:66" twist. It is somewhat lighter to carry now, but she packs a big punch and is very accurate out to my limit of 75 yards on game.

Back