• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

CLOSED Browning Mountain Rifle .54

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I have a good condition Johnathan Browning Mountain Rifle for trade. It started life as a .50 but had a jag stuck in the barrel. I sent it to Bobby Hoyt and had it bored and rerifled to .54. It hasn’t been shot since I got it back. It does have a little wear and a few marks in the browning on the barrel from the barrel clamps.
I will get pictures up soon.
I am interested in trading it for a .54 full stock, such as a Southern mountain or colonial style flintlock rifle.
At this point just seeing what I might get offered.
thanks !

9C48D403-986B-4099-BB27-CBB4BE27DC3F.jpeg
5CF2BD47-EC9C-410B-84D9-22BBA24D6FF5.jpeg

I might consider a Dixie Tennessee Mountain Rifle or Pedersoli Frontier and a .54 pistol or maybe a revolver. Possibly a Bess.

Last edited:
That's a nice rifle, bub. Somebody will be happy to have it. If you change you mind about the trade and want to sell it outright, I'm sure some folks might be interested...

I see the marks on the barrel, but I'm not so sure I know what is meant in reference to "barrel clamps." Did this occur when the rifle was rebored?

Notchy Bob

Thanks Notchy Bob. It is just where the browning was marred by the clamps that held the barrel for removal of the breechplug and/or the drilling/rifling process. There is no metal damage.

Bumping this up one more time. Seems to be no interest so I’ll give it a couple days and then put it back in the safe. I might consider a cash trade as well.

Sir,

I have this beautiful unfired Traditions W. Parker of London1810 pistol with set triggers to offer up as a possible partial trade. Understand these have not been offer for a least 20 years or more.

Thanks,
Charlie

Attachments

• IMG_1877.JPG
    IMG_1877.JPG
    157 KB · Views: 158
  • IMG_1878.JPG
    IMG_1878.JPG
    134.3 KB · Views: 162
  • IMG_1881.JPG
    IMG_1881.JPG
    136.1 KB · Views: 150
  • IMG_1882.JPG
    IMG_1882.JPG
    139 KB · Views: 149
  • IMG_1883.JPG
    IMG_1883.JPG
    59.8 KB · Views: 152
  • IMG_1885.JPG
    IMG_1885.JPG
    93.1 KB · Views: 136
Post how much money you will trade for....there is plenty of interest, as been stated above. No disrespect sir..but sounds more and more unrealistic and baiting as it moves forward.

I'm even interested.

Your response to this post will either validate your offering or discredit anything you post in the future.
Heck most of us are old guys...no BS type. Easy-peazy.

Last edited:
Oh it’s not baiting. I am looking for a few different things. Something that trips my trigger. It’s not anything I have to trade, but something I might if I get offered the right thing.
I don’t necessarily want to sell it outright, but I have seen them go at $850 + $40 shipping. I would say I would d this at $850 shipped.
And today is the first interest I have gotten at all.

Thank you sir, guys have something to work with moving forward. What specifically are you looking for in a SMR or Colonial flint? Chances are you'll be be in the negative.

Last edited:
I realize that I would have to add cash for something built or a good quality kit, except for maybe a Jackie Brown, as he seems to build his surprisingly inexpensively.
That is why I added the option of a Frontier or Dixie. Although they sell for less than this is worth, which is why I added the pistol addition.
What I am looking for is a full stock, .54 flint. I know the Dixie came in .50 and I could make that work. I am not totally hung up on PC. But at least reasonable. I am looking for a deer rifle basically. I just prefer full stock and flint over percussion and half stock.

Oh it’s not baiting. I am looking for a few different things. Something that trips my trigger. It’s not anything I have to trade, but something I might if I get offered the right thing.
I don’t necessarily want to sell it outright, but I have seen them go at $850 + $40 shipping. I would say I would d this at $850 shipped.
And today is the first interest I have gotten at all.

Why do you prefer to trade instead of selling?
Cash almost always works best.

Mostly because I hoped it would work out well for both. If I was offered something I that would do what I want, then I don’t have to go looking for something. If that makes any sense.

Bumping this up one more time. Seems to be no interest so I’ll give it a couple days and then put it back in the safe. I might consider a cash trade as well.
Man, I passed up a Browning in a sporting goods store in Cordova AK right before the salmon season started. I needed that first season opener and a delivery before I could make the purchase. Alas, after that first opener and I had salmon proceeds in my fist, I returned to the store but it was gone. I never saw another after that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back