• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Browning agent

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well since I’m out of b/c I tried some LMF on some small parts according to the directions. I guess I’ll buy some b/c because the LMF just doesn’t measure up.

I would definitely stop doing what has worked well in the past and try something new and unpredictable.
Exactly. If I don't leave the metal bright and let it age over time, I use a ferric chloride solution. It has been my browning/bluing go-to since the mid-'90s. In that time, I've seen no reason to change.

I use Homer Danglers formula.
60160.jpg

I scrub it in with the solution on a green scotch bite, wipe all the gunk off then use a cotton swab to put an on an even coat. Too easy!
Robby

Lmf works well, but I'll have to admit that there is a bit of a learning curve. The BC stuff reminds me of that brown paint that Pedersoli uses.

I don’t like plumb brown because of the heating and I find it easy to screw up. I turns out a tough nice brown.
LM used right is great and I’m very fond of it.
My favorite was Wakagon Bay.
But
Mustard works well

Back