• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

SOLD Brown Bess

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Here is a description and history of my BB.
I built it in 1976 from a Navy Arms (Pedersoli) kit.
The barrel browning turned out quite blotchy but I never fixed, same today as it was then.
The stock was finished with pure tung oil and all interior surfaces were as well. Tung has proven to be very durable and moisture resistant. The walnut is not a high polish furniture finish but, to my eye, looks good.
I have never polished the brass. I preferred to have my old gun look old.
It has been used many times and when I am doing my part it is quite accurate. At one event the other competitors insisted the range officer check for rifling. He found none, it is a smoothie.
There is a flash guard on the lock which you will see in the pics.
I had planned to strip the browning from the barrel and sell the gun for $850.00 plus shipping. As is I will sell for $750.00 plus shipping.
Included will be several flints and a whole bunch of wads. There are three sizes, thin card, thicker overshot card and thick cushion fiber for over powder. If you buy this I strongly advise you NOT open in your living room if you want to keep your wife happy. I use the wads a packing material. There are about 500 each of them. They are 11 ga.
I hate parting with this. I've had it for a long time. And even though I love my Rev. period flint rifles I consider the Bess to be one of the mosetest and funnest guns to shoot I have ever hard.
But age and health have forced me to retire this. I can barely lift it much less hold in shooting position.
Edit: forgot to mention, gun comes with a long hickory ram rod with brass tip; several brass jags; a corkscrew patch puller; a screw ball puller and several extra flints.

Attachments

• BB barrel.JPG
    BB barrel.JPG
    185.4 KB · Views: 192
  • BB lock 2.JPG
    BB lock 2.JPG
    212.2 KB · Views: 205
  • BB lock.JPG
    BB lock.JPG
    166.2 KB · Views: 210
  • Brown Bess lock.JPG
    Brown Bess lock.JPG