• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Brown Bess on the Way

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congratulations on your purchase and beginning adventures with Brown Bess flintlock smoothbore shooting.
Even though new you may want to consider sending the lock off to Mr. Emig at Cabin Creek Muzzleloading for lock tuning. He does great work and the lock will perform as well as it is able to after that.
All the best on your journey.....

OK, so here are some accessories you need and you can get them all from Track of the Wolf. (I am not connected in any way with them, BTW, just trying to help you find the good stuff you will need.)

Worm. MAKE SURE you sharpen the points on this tool so it can stab into a patch or other things when they get stuck in the bore. Correct threads to screw right onto the Steel Rammer in your Bess.
Ramrod Worm, metric female thread to fit Davide Pedersoli Second Model Brown Bess military ramrod, for cleaning muskets, removing patches, cards, wads, - Track of the Wolf

Adaptor for Bullet puller and other accessories. Screws right onto the threads of your Steel Rammer:
Adapter for musket rod, Pedersoli Brown Bess or Charleville, 5-.8mm female to 10-32 female - Track of the Wolf

Ball Puller with Brass Collar. Screws right into the adaptor above.
Ball puller, steel screw, .75 caliber brass collar, 10-32 thread - Track of the Wolf

Wads and cards. REMEMBER, the size you need is called 11ga. in this link:
Cards & wads for muzzle loading shotguns - Track of the Wolf

More info coming.

Gus
tagging this for my next order.

I just finished my weblog entry on this whole thing:

Brown Bess Enters

It includes a plug for this place. Many thanks to you all. I'll be making more posts on this project as it evolves.

On my next order to TofTW, I'm adding a 48" Delrin rod. Years ago, I had got a Hickory rammer stuck, and could not get it out. My online buddies kept giving tips to no avail. I finally had to send it off to one guy who had the means to get it out. I resolved then and there to always have a well-pinned rod with a T-Handle for when times get rough.

Last edited:
You might try calling them in case they haven't made up the order, yet. That and/or did you get cards and wads in 11ga. for it? If not, there's more stuff you need anyway.

Gus
It was already on the way, and it included the 11GA shot-related stuff. I'm building up another order. Thanks.
That's one of the good things about doing this in the 2020's instead of back when I started in the 1980's-- Now I can just order off a website. With my first smokepole, it was endless trips driving across town to pick up little trinkets like a nipple wrench or a worm.

Back