• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Brooks Brass 24 pounder

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zulu

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Here is one I just finished. It sits proudly on my desk.
This is a replica black powder FIRING, brass, "Brook's USA" 24
Pounder barrel with a 1" bore. It's weight is approx. 16 pounds
of hand crafted brass. Length is approx. 13" and diameter is 3"
at the breech.
This firing carriage is made of oak & custom made by me
specifically for this barrel. Overall dimensions mounted is
approximately 14" wide, 19" long, 10" tall & weighs 28 lbs.

20221203_074755.jpg

20221203_074810.jpg

20221203_074829.jpg

20221203_075027.jpg

20221203_075035.jpg

20221203_075046.jpg

20221203_075056.jpg

20221203_075113.jpg

20221203_075253.jpg

20221203_075820.jpg

Well your new cannon is super-duper!!!

Just another one of your fantastic builds.

Really great work and pictures.

Commodore,
Sure looks like a cannon to me. And you say you just finished.
Why don't you open your own post Showing more of your great pictures, and describing your build in more detail. Was this a kit build? And tell us what you did to make it look so nice. But make it a posting by its own as it should be. I will be looking forward to your story.

Agree with @Rich 44. The barrel is particularly intriguing to me, as is the miquolet lock. Did you have to install the reinforcing bands yourself? DaveC2 did a similar one in about 2002 with a 4 bore barrel, and then has a full thread on a 10 gauge build from around 2015. He started with an Ed Rayl 10 gauge barrel and added them. He needed a lathe to make them and then machine them to their finished profile.

Commodore,
Sure looks like a cannon to me. And you say you just finished.
Why don't you open your own post Showing more of your great pictures, and describing your build in more detail. Was this a kit build? And tell us what you did to make it look so nice. But make it a posting by its own as it should be. I will be looking forward to your story.
I did post something, I'm not on too much and it's just one of many. I also just finished a knee gun and am close to completing a Ferguson. No kit, scratch built minus the lock which was rough castings from TRS.
Agree with @Rich 44. The barrel is particularly intriguing to me, as is the miquolet lock. Did you have to install the reinforcing bands yourself? DaveC2 did a similar one in about 2002 with a 4 bore barrel, and then has a full thread on a 10 gauge build from around 2015. He started with an Ed Rayl 10 gauge barrel and added them. He needed a lathe to make them and then machine them to their finished profile.
The barrel started out as a piece of scrap bronze prop shaft on a wreck I cut off with a hack saw and snorkel. The lock was from rifle shoppe castings.
Nice pics but i we be looking forward to your story
Just another one done . . .I just completed a rack for Alafia that will hold 12 long guns and 11 pistols, it isn't big enough.

Back