• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Bronze Gonne

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Earl, I have one of the Tannenberg exact replica guns in bronze and the overbuilt brass version from Rifle Shoppe longer than half the posters here have been alive I think. Were I you I'd settle for the latter if and when it's available. However... I am glad Rocklock chimed in. I have one of his Morko's and seen his other work...

...perhaps you could convince him to pattern a gonne (should arguably be the most famous and saleable Tannenberg), cast it, and bore it for you (FreekForge can bore it too). Rock is quite the little artisan!

Note there used to be a guy who offered a Morko and a straight-tube gonne. I won't go into details but having had many years of odd on-again/off-again communication I assert that the guy is a psychotic gypsy (I mean this literally knowing how he lives) and pathological liar who apparently only ever had pretty artists renderings produced that look authentic to put on the internet. After about a decade he eventually offered to sell me the patterns but disappeared yet again... If you run across him RUN AWAY FROM HIM!

There is also a gent in Europe who runs a serious blacksmith shop, still around, who makes custom hammer-forged-tube gonnes from scratch. I Can't remember his name offhand or what Scandinavian (I think) country he is in. The wait isn't bad, the paid-in-advance-by-wire price is high albeit not insane by my standards though YMMV (it wasn't Magnus whose prices ARE friggin' insane by ANYBODY's standards) but their demeanor is obnoxious and I chose NOT to do business with him personally.

Good luck.

Could be, or not.

There are well over 100 different kinds of brass and bronze and their mechanical properties (strengths and elongation) and resistance to corrosion are all different.

C90500 Gunmetal

TYPICAL USES
Builders Hardware: Clamps
Building: Heavy Construction Equipment
Electrical: Connectors
Fasteners: Nuts
Industrial: Pump Bodies, Valves, Gears, Piston Rings, Pump Impellers, Bushings, Bearings, Worm Gears, Expansion Bearings, Gear Blanks, Finishing Dies for Wood Pulp Industry, Valve Bodies, Seal Rings
Plumbing: Water Conditioners, Steam Fittings

Page 5 http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...ttSeo5Y9_TBMeVGUg&sig2=TmczPdO2KI4Phc1mKraTMg

Last edited by a moderator:
Zonie said:
You might have noticed, C90500 is a cast material.
Yes!....Bronze cannons were also cast...

Modern tubes are cast using a horizontal or vertical centrifuge.

Centrifugally Cast Alloys In this process, centrifugal force holds the molten metal against the mold wall until it solidifies. Carefully weighted charges ensure that just enough metal solidifies in the mold to yield the desired wall thickness for the casting. Centrifugal force causes impurities to concentrate at the casting’s inner surface. This is then machined away, leaving only clean metal in the finished product. Alloys cast in this method can withstand substantial hydraulic pressure without leaking.

C90500, SAE 62 bronze has a resistance of 45,000 psi and a hardness of 75 and 85 HB.

I'm not sure how that translates to barrel requirements.... but it sounds good...:hmm: :idunno:

Back