• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Broken tumbler

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Okay, i know i’ve already got a thread going on dovetails, but things were going so well i thought i’d find a tumbler for this old Richland flintlock on which somebody busted off the half-cock notch.

I checked totw, deer creek, dgw, numrich, muzzleloader supply, everybody I could think of- no dice. Am i down to buying a replacement lock here? The only cva locks i can find are percussion, and where’s the fun in that?

Joke! That was a joke!!

Advice?

don

I thought VTI maybe, but no. Some of the older import guns can be a real pain to get parst for. Maybe someone here may have what you need. I have an Uberti rifle, and good luck getting parts for it. Been a nightmare

Seems like right after i got this last year i did some research and read something about replacement locks with pointy ends as opposed to round at the rear of the lock. L&R locks seem to come to mind... $200 came to my wife’s mind immediately!

Thanks, but not even close. I found one for a Jukar (should buy it for a spare), and a cva one that was sooo close, but no cigar. 😠

I’m gonna be seeing these in my sleep for a week.

F2D773D7-CE75-4566-9EA5-7017E6E89111.jpeg6922D6B2-D18A-40C0-9C22-182EF4671FE1.jpeg2168BA64-7E98-48D3-839E-EAB52B623C9F.jpeg

That’s why i posted the pictures, in the hopes somebody smarter than me would come up with an idea... problem is that i don’t know what the original half-cock notch looked like, and how much metal i’ve got to play with.

Fortunately, i didn’t reinstall it so i’ve got it handy to refer to.

Back