• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Brewing Vinegar

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Started a new batch a few days ago, made apple cider Vinegar before that, very satisfying. Noticed theirs a thread on Vinegar as sanitation use so might as well do one on making it.

This is a Malt Vinegar, basically brew beer and then introduce a vinegar culture. I originally used the dregs from a bottle of Braggs ACV, it developed into a "Gell", like kombucha, so once this beer is done and cleared Il add the culture so it converts the alcohol to acetic acid.

Last time I just used natural Apple Juice from the store, simple.

idWT2Qm.jpg

e2pPIsv.jpg

Starter.
jHGzte2.jpg

QgqZAB6.jpg

o60uHCx.jpg
the last photo looks like it has magats in it.

I've got a batch of old peach wine that has been going for a couple of months now. I think it is about done and is now vinegar and is close to being ready to bottle. I never did really build a mother on top of the brew, but has a nice vinegar smell.

Every, I started with a peach wine received from a friend that was not the best to drink. I had made a batch of vinegar from some of it earlier that turned out pretty well. It has a good bite with a little fruity aftertaste. I decided to turn the rest of it into vinegar too.

Back