• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Brass frame .36 Navy

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eggwelder

40 Cal.
Reaction score
looking at two online, but can`t actually handle them.
are there indicators in pictures that will give away a damaged frame or what not?
I`m waiting for more info- make and date code

they are Italian, should have stated that

Redgfield NJ-IT
BRECIA ITALY is stamped on the barrel.
PN XX8
PNXXV
so 1969 & 1972 what does the PN stand for?

Last edited:
I`m waiting for some to be emailed, the one I have I can`t share as I`m at work, and does not show a lot of detail

Redgfield NJ-IT

It should read "Ridgefield NJ" on the barrel. That means that it was imported and sold by Navy Arms Company.

BRECIA ITALY is stamped on the barrel.

It should read "Brescia Italy". Back in the day there were several small manufacturers in Northern Italy in the Brescia area. My guess is that it was manufactured by Euroarms and imported by Navy Arms, but photos will better sort this out.

PN XX8 PN XXV so 1969 & 1972 what does the PN stand for?

You are correct on the date codes (in reverse order) but the PN is part of an Italian proof mark as is the other proof mark, both located to the left of the date code.

If you are concerned about a damaged frame, we need to see photos of the revolver disassembled, especially ones showing the inside of the recoil shield area to see if heavy loads have imprinted the ratchet at the rear of the cylinder upon the recoil shield area. That will cause a lot of cylinder slop which some erroneously allude to a stretched frame, which it is not. That can be repaired, but it is not just kitchen table gunsmithing.

There are no parts available for those revolvers. If internal parts are needed, the best you will be able to do is either modern CNC machined Uberti or Pietta parts (hand, bolt, trigger/bolt spring, et al) and fitting will be required.

If they were available to me in somewhat decent shape, I would pay no more than $125 each, do parts swaps to attain at least one good revolver, and relegate the rest for private parts stock or sell on EBay.

Good luck with your endevors!

Regards,

Jim

Thank you.
i`m still waiting... not really- for the seller to send some more photos, i have this one
6DF201E0-FCD8-45A1-9C84-34706C84671C.jpeg

If you have those in hand, both are brass framed .36 Navies with a part round/part octagon barrel and both have plain non-engraved cylinders, candidates for repro Griswold & Gunnison revolvers. I would surely like to know any manufacturer marks/proof marks/date codes. I think I see an Uberti logo on the left side frame on the lower revolver. The wood is blonde in keeping with most 1980's-1990's revolvers.

Those are very nice guns and are keepers

Regards,

Jim.

That definitely looks like an Uberti logo- the original photo shows it much better zoomed in, does not seem to copy well.

Back