• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Brad Emig Cabin Creek Muzzleloading

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A few years back I had a similar build not from Emig. It drug out to the point I told the guy either send me the gun I ordered and paid for or send me the money back, gave him a deadline of 6 months to complete the transaction. Or the next time we communicated it would be face to face. 4 1/2 months later the gun showed up and yes it was a 3-year wait, before it got to that point. Lesson learnt now Find a good builder close to home, visit the builder work out the particulars in person, some builders once their names get out a bit just naturally assume God like status in their own minds. Thats when it's time to move to a different builder. I have a few custom builds and they were either bought finished or from a builder near me.
I knew Brad Emig no problems capable fellow , I had no beef what so ever .But am amused by the assuming god like status of gunmakers ! We cant help haveing God like status illusions. After over 200 very varied pieces out there and knowing many of the top US makers I know how many tick as it where, .Mostly I thought them regular folk only one actually believed his self assumed legend .You couldn't talk to him he's dead now but I saw his work. Mostly their gunmakers as a sort of artist too many gaps between pay days & the starveing in a garret bit comes close .This said though they would make better steady money as a council road sweeper who at least gets a steady income .But they ? /' We 'can go the R.vous & shows, hunting and have that freedom no 9 to 5 would give . And I never knew any that cut their ears off in despair.
Rudyard

Guess it's all in what you want and how one, or more especially others see you in your quest. To quote " We can't help having God like status illusions." says enough to me. Never get too big for your britches, there's always some young buck next in line.

Just maybe the reason 54 roundball has not posted is he is not able to ? Sickness very poor health, could be most any reason. I don't know either of the parties involved with this subject.

So, I took my own suggestion and sent Brad a message through Cabin Creek's Instagram page explaining that an accusation was made and never followed up on, that there is much debate here,,, with many stating they have had nothing but good dealings with Cabin Creek. I provided a link to this topic and told him that many would like to know his side of the story.
Let's see what happens,,,, if anything.

Hmmmm..., my rifle, Trudy, was bought used, but made by Cabin Creek Muzzle Loading and is a Pennsylvania Mountain Rifle. Over the years I've had contact with the firm several times, great to work with. Great rifle too...,

A few images from the past that I happen to have on this particular PC...,

2012 Deer.jpg
2012 DOE.jpg

2019 early ML.jpg
DEER 2019.jpg

LD

Busy builders could spend all their time on the web responding to accusations and never build another gun.

I don't know and have never dealt with Cabin Creek/Emig, and I wouldn't respond if I were them/him. Unless....
There is validity to the complaint.

I had an L&R Rpl lock tuned by him last year and he did an excellent job and was great to deal with! I sure hope this is an exception and somehow there was some miscommunication.

I had an L&R Rpl lock tuned by him last year and he did an excellent job and was great to deal with! I sure hope this is an exception and somehow there was some miscommunication.
Yes, two sides to every story. Sometimes a disgruntled person gets a burr in their craw, and won't let a beef go.

Hmmmm..., my rifle, Trudy, was bought used, but made by Cabin Creek Muzzle Loading and is a Pennsylvania Mountain Rifle. Over the years I've had contact with the firm several times, great to work with. Great rifle too...,

A few images from the past that I happen to have on this particular PC...,

View attachment 245266 View attachment 245267

View attachment 245268 View attachment 245270

LD

That's a beautiful rifle. I'd love to get one of their PA mountain rifles in .50. Maybe someday.

Okay.
I received a response from Cabin Creek to the message I mentioned earlier that I sent them. They were already aware of the topic/thread/post, but seemed surprised that it was ongoing and that the o.p. had not updated us with an outcome, seeming to be a little surprised even that the topic had not been pulled.
While they have no desire to get involved in the back and forth of forum activity they did give me the okay to post a screenshot of their reply and what they had to say about the situation with the o.p.
So here is a screenshot of what they had to say,

Screenshot_20230815-075735_Instagram.jpg

Hopefully that is of a decent enough quality that folks can read it all.
They asked about mods deleting the topic and I said I doubted that would happen but maybe it could be locked.
Deleting it would not give someone who read it quite a while ago and remembered it the chance to come back and read the Cabin Creek response.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back