• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

BP supplies at Wal Mart

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why would you shop at Walmart-mart one of the biggest companies against 2nd amendmen.

Probably a good price for the caps, but not enough to get me to enter their business. Sam Walton made a good business out of small business manufacturing in the United States, only to have his greedy, punk off spring send the jobs to China to be worked by slave and child labor. Walmart has grown into an UNAMERICAN organization that needs to be flogged off to china.
As for the jobs they think they create, they would be more jobs if the small businesses were returned instead of one big Chinese produced mega complex, Build American, Buy American.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thunder14 - amen.
But frankly I do not shop at walmart in person because I don't entirely trust the clientele at the one near me. And I tried once to buy on line, didn't get what I wanted, maybe I ordered wrong but normally get a lot of stuff elsewhere (old books, antique duns) on line w no problem. Don't care what their prices are, won't know anyway, just do not like that store

I buy very little from Wallyworld. I maybe go into one about once a month and usually it is to pick up a specific item i.e. oil & filter for a vehicle. Now I could buy at other places but most of the parts stores are not much different than they are and are chains, but only on a smaller scale. I usually check the sporting goods area and if there is something on close out at a really cheap price and I can use it I pick it up. In some ways all the dollar stores in small towns are just small scale wally worlds.

We can set here and say we never shop at walmart but i bet our wives spend half our checks there.
I grew up with walmart. my mom worked in the print shop for 20 years. Walmart today is not sams walmart its a global company and it does as the world does. what i dont like is how bass pro no longer allows lay a way for firearms like Cabelas use to.

We no longer live in traditional america, we live in global america. that means our people are too wasted and out trying to be rock starts and rap stars instead of holding good factory jobs so our higher ups have to push jobs over seas to make money. Next time we down china look at your kids and see if they made the cut to adult hood. If yours did congratulations, if not then keep trying.

Are CCI a good cap or should i stick with Remington?

Why would you shop at Walmart-mart one of the biggest companies against 2nd amendmen.
The wife spends enough each month at Wally World to equip a squad of United States Marines. If I were to spend 1% of her WM budget on a crucial item like percussion caps (which are non existent hereabouts), it won't matter to WW in the least, I'd never run out and they aren't made in China ( that I know of.) When I need something, I buy it, I don't 'cut off my nose to spite my face'. In order to justify not buying something at Wal-Mart, I would have to buy Nothing at wally; that would of course be damn near impossible and I would venture most who stake such positions fudge quite a bit when no one is looking.

Your 'problems' amuse me. I have about three or four places in the whole of the UK where I can buy powder. The nearest is 180 miles. That's fifty quid in fuel or forty quid carriage. Caps the same and, without my Explosives licence - nothing. You are so lucky in the US. If had a big store that sold what I needed and cheaper than ayone else, my priciples would definately be sacrificed and I woud not criticise any-one else who did the same. Rant over, make a cup of tea. 😘
Thank you for putting things in perspective John.

LOOONG time ago I built a TC Hawken kit. Went to Wally World for powder and caps. They had GOEX 2F marked $5 per can so I got 4. I asked how much for the Remington #11 caps. He picked up the box (1000 caps) holds up the price gun to the sticker and BEEP. He says "Four ninety nine". I said I'll take 4! I knew they were mis-marked, and I still feel guilty about it 30 years later. NOT.

I don't buy "sporting goods" from walmart. The local walmart store has an ever shrinking selection of products. Never bought a gun from them. Clothing and food, yes. I'll go to the local gun store for guns and powder and bullets. It's not a bargain basement, but they're reasonable and they have to make and profit too.

Every hunting season I pick up a few tins of CCI caps from Wally but I'm a Piggly Wiggly man myself. Our rural PW's are all in the old tiny grocery stores with the 2' conveyor belts at checkout. I'm nostalgic like that. That's another thing I love about the Old South. Nothing is ever torn down and a man can still shop like it's 1957 if he chooses....

I don't buy "sporting goods" from walmart. The local walmart store has an ever shrinking selection of products. Never bought a gun from them. Clothing and food, yes. I'll go to the local gun store for guns and powder and bullets. It's not a bargain basement, but they're reasonable and they have to make and profit too.

I'm the same way. Old Pop bought a .22 from Walmart the other day for my nephew and a worker walked it to the exit and handed it to him. Lot of good that'll do if you had bad intentions. I like my local gun store. I walk in with my roscoe on my hip and know if I draw it for any reason the old man behind the counter will lay me low. My kindof place.....

Every hunting season I pick up a few tins of CCI caps from Wally but I'm a Piggly Wiggly man myself. Our rural PW's are all in the old tiny grocery stores with the 2' conveyor belts at checkout. I'm nostalgic like that. That's another thing I love about the Old South. Nothing is ever torn down and a man can still shop like it's 1957 if he chooses....

Sure beats the automatic robots at the local wal-marts we have. They roll about, scanning the shelves with a giant light beam device. Creepy!

DFE7A551-751C-4D36-9E50-844129604BBF.jpeg

Back