• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

BP Cleaning

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

starman

32 Cal.
Reaction score
About 10 years ago, when I first got into BP, I purchased a spray bottle of Hornady One Shot Muzzleloader Cleaner NH. It states on the bottle it is a Cleaner and Protectant. I placed the bottle in a cabinet and completely forgot about it. I found it today, still sealed in the plastic wrap it came in. I don’t remember where I ordered it from. Does anybody know anything about this product? I don’t remember anyone mentioning it. Thanks!

It works great at cleaning BP fouling! It's just that water & Dawn work too & are already in my kitchen and are a lot cheaper. Might not be a bad idea if you were on a remote hunt for an extended period & needed to clean your rifle or needed to clean at the range or away from home for some reason. It does do a good job!

80905224-4D51-42FA-9B6A-C439E8ECF9C7.jpeg

If this is the One Shot you are referring too it’s been discontinued.... it must have worked too good..

I used it for cleaning & as a patch lube as well, but did not trust it as a “preservative”...
I left a gun load with One Shot on the patched ball and within a couple months time, it felt as if a rust ring had started forming where the ball rested while loaded.
A lot of elbow grease took care of it, but I never used it as a hunting patch lube again.
Still it was a great cleaner/ lube.

Last edited:
Thanks for your replies. SMO, the picture you sent is exactly what I have. I guess because I have it, it will us it for cleaning. When it is gone, I'll switch to Dawn and water like many of y'all do.

If one prefers something that is prepackaged and coinvent, try Windex with vinegar or Murphy's Oil Soap. Both work great, MOS is a good patch lube too.

Any water based liquid will clean your gun.

Back