• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

SOLD Boys’ or Lady’s .45 Cal Flintlock Rifle

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jbwilliams3

45 Cal.
Reaction score
This rifle was made for me by Mike Lange around 2013 or ’14, I believe. He called it a “Rugrat” rifle for use by young folks, (LOP is 12” though my wife and I can shoot it comfortably and I usually have 13.5 on my guns). I had commissioned it as a boy’s rifle and it just hasn’t gotten the use it should – It has less than 100 rounds through it.

The short rifle balances and carries wonderfully while coming in at 41.5 inches in overall length and weighing in at 5.2 lbs. according to my bathroom scale. The 28-inch, .45 caliber barrel was made by -I believe - Weaver Rifle Works. It’s marked WRW on the octagonal flat opposite the lock. Loads and shoots very nicely and is as accurate as Charles Burton, Colerain, and Green Mountain barrels I’ve owned. I bought a .435 mold from Larry Callahan as I figured it would be easier for young folks to load. That size ball shoots great with 40-60 grains of 3f. We never tried shooting any other ball sizes out of it. The “Buchele” lock is made in Italy and it sparks very nicely. No ignition troubles at all. Takes a small flint of which I will provide what I have with the gun. I will also include an extra ramrod and jag. Stock is walnut, hardware is fire blued steel and the barrel is browned.

The price is $650 shipped CONUS. Check, money order, or Paypal (I’ll cover the goods and services fee if using Paypal.) If you would like the Callahan bag mold let me know and I’ll include it for $50.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    457.4 KB · Views: 5
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    446.8 KB · Views: 0
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    167.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg