• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Borrowed a gun Saturday........

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In 1990 I moved to Idaho. I did not own a big game rifle and could not afford one. I built (more like asssembled) a CVA Frontier in .50 cal. Never killed a thing with it. Soon I bought an actual hunting rifle and the CVA went in the closet, for 30 years.

On Friday my oldest son killed a spike buck with it, first kill with that gun. I promptly gave it to him.

On Saturday I asked to borrow the gun I owned the day before. I took that gun on a final hunt with me. With minutes of shooting light left I saw a 4x2 buck. The property owner I was with said, "You wanna shoot that buck?" I replied heck yes! I shot him with a patched round all at 46yds. Double lung with massive damage. 30 yds and he lay down for the last time. By far the largest body deer I have ever killed.
And with a borrowed gun.View attachment 172096
What a dandy

Upon closer observation, I noticed the lower jaw and neck seem to be missing. Never seen one like this..
Not missing but over shadowed by a huge neck

Attachments

• 20221030_131658.jpg
    20221030_131658.jpg
    4.6 MB · Views: 0
  • 20221031_111521.jpg
    20221031_111521.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
Back