• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Born-Again! ... As A Supporting Member (It's Worth It!)

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JollyDeathCow

32 Cal
Reaction score
TL/DR: Become a supporting member because the value of the youths of this forum and all the collaborative information you can get is way more valuable than $2 a month

After 6 months of free membership, I am now a supporting member! Like many of you, I am not one to spend any amount of money on something that I can get for free. So why would I voluntarily give up even just a couple dollars every month to this forum? Here's why...

I am an avid woodworker. It's what I do to keep my sanity after spending hours upon hours each day staring at a computer screen (I'm a lawyer in the real world). I'm also a major fan of History having studied it in college. Lastly, I am also a child at heart and a little kid inside me just loves guns because... Guns are cool end of story.

One of the greatest and most fulfilling and just fun projects I have ever done has been building a percussion cap Kentucky pistol from kit. While working on that project, this forum gave me such an incredible wealth of information and knowledge all that one single source. When I had my major Construction oopsies like this tear out, it was advise from commenters at this forum that directed me on the perfect fix (see pic below) :

When I finished my project, it was absolutely a source of Pride for me. ...shown in the pictures below:

I have had a lot of fun at the range with this pistol but it has a tendency to misfire... Not to mention that I've been itching to make another one.

Last week, I made my first purchase from a private seller on this forum. Not only did I find my next project at a great price ($50 cheaper than I've found anywhere else), but after a brief chat on the phone with this guy, he shared insights from his experience in building and restoring muzzleloaders and completely improved the functionality of my first pistol by pointing out one little thing....
...How many of you noticed the missing clean-out screw??...

Anyway, I have a lot of credit to give to this fine gentleman and member of The Forum: loflyr55

So for those of you keeping score at home, I saved $50 on a purchase and had a quick chat that restored the use and functionality of a $250 pistol.

This is why I decided to become a supporting member! Of all the things I spend waaay more than $2 a month on... THIS is a contribution I know I will not regret. To anyone else out there on the fence as to whether or not they should be, supporting member, I could not recommend it more highly! Just skip your next trip to Starbucks!

TL/DR: Become a supporting member because the value of the youths of this forum and all the collaborative information you can get is way more valuable than $2 a month

After 6 months of free membership, I am now a supporting member! Like many of you, I am not one to spend any amount of money on something that I can get for free. So why would I voluntarily give up even just a couple dollars every month to this forum? Here's why...

I am an avid woodworker. It's what I do to keep my sanity after spending hours upon hours each day staring at a computer screen (I'm a lawyer in the real world). I'm also a major fan of History having studied it in college. Lastly, I am also a child at heart and a little kid inside me just loves guns because... Guns are cool end of story.

One of the greatest and most fulfilling and just fun projects I have ever done has been building a percussion cap Kentucky pistol from kit. While working on that project, this forum gave me such an incredible wealth of information and knowledge all that one single source. When I had my major Construction oopsies like this tear out, it was advise from commenters at this forum that directed me on the perfect fix (see pic below) :

When I finished my project, it was absolutely a source of Pride for me. ...shown in the pictures below:

I have had a lot of fun at the range with this pistol but it has a tendency to misfire... Not to mention that I've been itching to make another one.

Last week, I made my first purchase from a private seller on this forum. Not only did I find my next project at a great price ($50 cheaper than I've found anywhere else), but after a brief chat on the phone with this guy, he shared insights from his experience in building and restoring muzzleloaders and completely improved the functionality of my first pistol by pointing out one little thing....

Anyway, I have a lot of credit to give to this fine gentleman and member of The Forum: loflyr55

So for those of you keeping score at home, I saved $50 on a purchase and had a quick chat that restored the use and functionality of a $250 pistol.

This is why I decided to become a supporting member! Of all the things I spend waaay more than $2 a month on... THIS is a contribution I know I will not regret. To anyone else out there on the fence as to whether or not they should be, supporting member, I could not recommend it more highly! Just skip your next trip to Starbucks!

Awesome and great work.

W

Well your idea is a good one, I am not so sure that the old joke, "what's 20 lawyers at the bottom of a well?, a good start." isn't still funny when you know the lawyer but what the hey.. So I joined up too. Thanks. Larry

Nice job and good recovery on the splintering. A little too much carving for my simple tastes, but I will positively recognize your artistry.

I will recommend that this thread gets moved to the handgun forum. You will get far more viewings of the thread and far more comments.

Contact Deer Creek for the "clean out" screw. They have the best selection of parts for Traditions / CVA firearms. ACE hardware will have the modern (UGH) metric threaded screw for the bolster. You won't like the looks of a Phillips headed bolster plug screw.

With all of the helpful information on this forum, I feel like I'm stealing! I oughta get a membership. Anyway, greetings from Hutto, TX.

Latest posts

Back