• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Books and Catalogs

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FishDFly

69 Cal.
Reaction score
Books and Catalogs

Flintlocks

Flintlocks A Practical Guide for their Use and Appreciation by Eric A. Bye

Pistols

Percussion Revolvers A Guide To Their History, Performance and Use by Mike Cumpton and Johnny Bates

The Definitive Guide to Shooting Muzzle Loading Pistols by Derek Fuller

Handbook of Modern Revolvers by Michael Morgan (Marginal book)

The Pistol Shooter’s Treasury by Gil Hebard (While written for the modern pistol shooter, it’s
content will teach a person to shoot pistols.”

General

The Muzzle Loading Cap Lock Rifle by Ned H. Roberts

The Muzzle Loading Rifle , Then and Now by Walter M. Cline

The Pennsylvania Kentuck Rifle by Henry J. Kauffman

Catalogs

The Log Cabin

Dixie

Can't argue with those selections. I've mentioned the Eric A. Bye book several times. And since I'm interested in the frontier explorers of the 18th century, I would add both volumes of Mark Baker's "A Pilgrim's Journey".

I still have a soft spot for Sam Fadala's "Complete Black Powder Handbook", first or second edition. It was an affordable access to the muzzleloading hobby back before the internet. Not perfect but pretty comprehensive.

Jeff

A concise and spot on index of the best publications out there, there are a few specialty ones I would add, but the only general one that comes to mind is the Lyman Black Powder Handbook.

Latest posts

Back