• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Book Question

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hanger

40 Cal
Reaction score
Is there a book out there that shows different brands and their models? Not looking for a blue book, more of a reference book.

I am not aware of a Shooter’s Bible for muzzleloaders. They have a smattering of blackpowder firearms in that publication, but to my knowledge there is no place to find a who’s who of muzzleloading, except this forum.

But wait, what is this “Blue Book of Modern Black Powder Arms”. Only 60 bucks.

Thanks for the response… is there any beginner books to recommend to get the basic knowledge of different commercial rifles?

Gun Digest publishes a Black Powder Loading Manual with basic information on a smattering of factory built firearms. The older version will have information about a lot of the firearms that are showing up on the used market. Several copies can be found with an Amazon search.

I've seen somewhere, a book like you're referencing, but don't recall anything specific about it. Have you googled all the variations of what such a book might be? You know, "The Blackpowder Replica Pistol Guide" or some such?

Back