• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Bonjour from Canada

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigD63

Red Ryder .177
Reaction score
Hello All,
My name is Denis and I'm relatively new to muzzleloading. Three years ago, I got a good deal on a Jonathan Browning Mountain Rifle .50cal and I have had a blast with it since. In June, I purchased a Pietta cap/ball revolver .36cal which has yet to be delivered pending gouv permits. Lately I attempted to re-stock on percussion caps and became aware of the shortage of said caps. Well, when life gives you lemons, buy a flintlock! I got a fairly good deal on a late production (52xxxx) Thompson Centre .50cal Hawken flintlock. I just received it yesterday and am still waiting for a powder order which includes 4F priming powder. Hopefully I will be able to get out and make some noise/smoke on the weekend (weather permitting). I am quite ignorant as to the subtleties of flintlocks, but am eager to learn and welcome any advice. I do not get the same kick out of my modern firearms as I used to...maybe that's part of aging (not so) gracefully! I seem to be gravitating more and more towards black powder.
Well, a big HOWDY to you all...I'm glad to be here!
BigD63

Thanks for welcome folks. Gives me the warm and fuzzies!
There is an awesome amount of knowledge accumulated on this site. I'm having fun learning how little I know.

Back