• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Boiled Chicken Feet

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hairy Clipper said:
Dad used rave about frog legs. It wasn't until about 8 years ago that I finally found a restaurant that had them. Actually it was an Asian buffet that had them, but, only on Sundays. I tried them and liked them. I look for them now when we eat there on Sundays.
My buddies and I spend many summer nights frog hunting, great fun and even greater eating

Chicken feet were one of the flavor enhancing ingredients of my Mother's excellent chicken soup. They were boiled and the water was dunped 3 times before adding them to the soup liquid.

Seeing I grew up during the Great Depression, I liked all foods if not spoiled and prepared properly....which my Mother ensured.

Can truthfully say that there's not many food items I don't like......Fred

I like eating frog legs only a little more than I like "going gigging".
(When my 1st wife/I were newlyweds & FLAT BROKE in grad school, we mostly lived off my rifle/shotgun/bow/trotlines/set-hooks/part-time jobs. = BOTH of us were trying to go to Tulane on my half of one full scholarship.)

One of our favorite pastimes was gigging frogs out on the canals near NOLA. - It was FREE & the frogs were plentiful & tasty.

Note: I find it more than a bit ironic that as long as we were POOR that we got along well & were happy as husband/wife but when we finished school, got good jobs & had sufficient money for housing/food/clothes/etc. that we fought/argued constantly. - We divorced 2 years later.

yours, satx

I agree with BH. Let it hang a couple of weeks in cool weather or age in a refrigerator for a month or so. It's very tender and doesn't have that wild taste I don't care for in deer.

The chicken feet that my Mother used in her chicken soup had the outer skin and claws still on and were a bright yellow....the ones at Walmart are white and are declawed.

If anyone is interested...Walmart also has fresh, quality tripe....boil it and then fry it....makes a delicious sandwich......Fred

My son raises chickens and eggs. This year he got a "First time request" for the feet. He sold the woman 100 pairs on butcher day. She invited him to dinner the next day to meet her daughter. He passed as he had a hard time to keep from gaging. It was not about her daughter who he said is cute, but could not get past chicken feet.

My son raises chickens and eggs. This year he got a "First time request" for the feet. He sold the woman 100 pairs on butcher day. She invited him to dinner the next day to meet her daughter. He passed as he had a hard time to keep from gaging. It was not about her daughter who he said is cute, but could not get past chicken feet.
The way to a future mother-in-law's heart is through her cooking...

my grand mother used to boil them down to get the gelatin out of them. I used to go to the local FINNISH people who live in my area they were chicken farmers and get chicken feet for free and boil them and feed them to my BLUE TICKS, coon hounds, they loved them and it was free dog food.

Latest posts

Back