• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Bobby Hoyt's shop

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a .50 cal long rifle barrel that needs to be freshened.
How does one get in touch with Mr. Hoyt?

I have an original 26" heavily swamped octagon barrel with a rusted out bore of approx .55. German makers name is in gold and looks like a Jaeger with very thick walls. Wonder if it can be re rifled but fear cost of total project may be too much.

It probably could be bored to a larger size and if not it can be lined. The last barrel I had him line was $125 + 2 way shipping. He bored & rifled an original barrel for me before that and I think it was a little more but can't remember. Send it to him and ask what he can do to it and get an estimate. All you have to loose is 2 way shipping if it doesn't work out.

It probably could be bored to a larger size and if not it can be lined. The last barrel I had him line was $125 + 2 way shipping. He bored & rifled an original barrel for me before that and I think it was a little more but can't remember. Send it to him and ask what he can do to it and get an estimate. All you have to loose is 2 way shipping if it doesn't work out.
Understand but parts/cost situation seems to be deteriorating as we speak. I made some inquiries and it doesn't look good for any project requiring even a small number of parts right now.

I was going to send Bobby my barrel to bore out to lighten it up. Looking at this thread I can see it would take too long to get back. I'll just deal with the heavy barrel. I'm not patient enough to wait for a barrel that has no problem except being heavy. I'd rather be shooting it.

A friend of mine had Bobby copy a pedersoli Charleville Barrel copied and rifled with 5 grooves, it can shoot both ball and conical. Really nicely done for $300.

Does anyone know if Bobby Hoyt can line a barrel? I have a .50 cal with a rough bore that I would like to bring down to about 36 cal.

Bobby is fine with his info being posted. He even asked if his new address would be posted when he moved.

717-642-6696

Latest posts

Back