• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Bobby Hoyt

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Though Iv,e never had any barrel work done by Mr Hoyt Ide like too. He comes across as a sort of living legend and good on him. I wonder if Kenny Bresine is still working .
Regards Rudyard

thank you for the reply;
would you happen to have his number handy?
Here is the current address I have for Mr. Hoyt, though you will need to confirm.

Freischutz Gun Shop
2379 Mount Hope Road
Fairfeild PA 17320

His telephone number is (717) 642-6696. Usually better to call earlier in the day. He has to hear the phone ring over machine noise. Appears he has no cell phone, at least in my experiences with him, plus no access to the internet. Think old school. Old school service. Old school quality….. Great guy to deal with.

Last edited:
As far as I know from building over the years, the smooth bore barrel is too thin to be cut and needs a liner.

I spoke with Mr. Hoyt this morning and mailed my 3 barrels to him this afternoon; within the coming month he is going to cut rifling into their smoothbores for me...

I got an old Cherokee barrel that has some bad rifling,

wonder If he could turn it into a 32 or 36. Caliber?

I spoke with Mr. Hoyt this morning and mailed my 3 barrels to him this afternoon; within the coming month he is going to cut rifling into their smoothbores for me...

today I received my 3 barrels back from Mr Hoyt, turnaround in under a full month's time!
the work is great, and I cannot believe how little he charged for his service!

Well, even though it doesn't seem like much, the .36 is easier to handle when loading. The .32, a .310 ball is just so much smaller and, unless you have very slim fingers, is harder to position on the patch. Additionally, I found that the .36 gave me more effective hunting range.

Here is the current address I have for Mr. Hoyt, though you will need to confirm.

Freischutz Gun Shop
2379 Mount Hope Road
Fairfeild PA 17320

His telephone number is (717) 642-6696. Usually better to call earlier in the day. He has to hear the phone ring over machine noise. Appears he has no cell phone, at least in my experiences with him, plus no access to the internet. Think old school. Old school service. Old school quality….. Great guy to deal with.
This contact info still good?
Neil

Back