• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Bobby Hoyt Interview

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Juniata

40 Cal
Reaction score
I know he is well known by some of you. For those who aren't, here is a video I just finished of sitting down with Bobby at Union county ML club Friday afternoon.

Some funny stories at the end by Dennis, these guys hunted together for years.

Enjoy!

When is the best time to day to call Mr Hoyt?? I have been calling several times a day for a three days without success. I got a busy signal once. Now his answering machine is on with only a message to call back.

When is the best time to day to call Mr Hoyt?? I have been calling several times a day for a three days without success. I got a busy signal once. Now his answering machine is on with only a message to call back.
He can be tough to get hold of. A call once a day, early weekday mornings, about 7-8AM/EST seems to have worked best in the past.

Rick

The best way to get a hold of him is to write him a letter.

The best way to get a hold of him is to write him a letter.
That sounds like a plan. I will try to make it simple as to not waste his time. What does he typically charge to rebore a barrel? In this case a new 32 to 36 cal. The rifling will be done to my specifications, they are not complicated or unusual.

Last work I had him to do I just sent barrel and letter with what I wanted done. Put money in barrel and said if that was not enough let me know. Got barrel back so must been close on money, he is good to work with.
Wish he had an apprentice. Guys like this are once in a lifetime, and they don't make 'em like that anymore. The contribution he's made to the art & science of ML'ing is unmeasurable.

that he doesn't have (and doesn't need) a fancy website with twentyodd personal assistants and a bevy of hangers- on ...can't even remember but i don't think he has an answering machine either , speaks volumes about the quality of his work ... the Fortune 500 wonks in their corner offices with their nice suits might learn a thing or two from this fellow ...

I, too, hope that he scores an apprentice soon ... none of us are getting any younger...

Well -- when I had a barrel done it was $125 BUT that was some years back so I would go with COTNTOP's answer until you get an answer on your letter from him.

That sounds like a plan. I will try to make it simple as to not waste his time. What does he typically charge to rebore a barrel? In this case a new 32 to 36 cal. The rifling will be done to my specifications, they are not complicated or unusual.
I just sent one to him. I heard $150

Back