• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Bob Hoyt?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fastleo

45 Cal.
Reaction score
Is Bobby Hoyt still in business? Seems like the number I have for him is not working. I don’t want to send a barrel out without talking to him first. Hopefully he just has a new number. If so does anyone know how to reach him?

Andy

Is Bobby Hoyt still in business? Seems like the number I have for him is not working. I don’t want to send a barrel out without talking to him first. Hopefully he just has a new number. If so does anyone know how to reach him?

Andy
Is this the number you are calling?

Bobby Hoyt
Freischutz Shop
2379 Mt Hope Rd
Fairfield, PA 17320
ph# 717-642-6696

Call him early in the day, 8-9 o’clock. Don’t get discouraged if he doesn’t answer. Hunting season.

I just received my barrel back from Bobby Hoyt. It is for a Gemmer GPR Flinter. I had it cut to 26 in, and bored .58cal smooth. He reset the ramrod rib and recut the front sight too. It is much lighter and so easy to handle, very fast to shoulder etc. Total time from sending it to him to him returning it was, mailed Dec. 2nd, returned today Jan 5th, so a month, with the Holidays in there and mail time!!! I can't complain about that at all! Can't wait to try it out!

Last edited:
I sent him two barrels before Christmas, both were T/c tree hawks. One will be 54 rib. And the other will be 56 smooth bore.

Should be a fun gun after.

I am working on the ramrod, reducing the length etc to fit the new barrel profile. I know I probably sound like a broken record, but the difference in feel and handling is amazing. The rifle went from 9lbs 10 oz to 7lb 3oz.!! That 6 inches of barrel and the associated under rib weighed 1 lb, 5oz! (he returned the pieces) The boring from .50 to .58 smooth accounted for the rest. I used real Gold Leaf on the sights, really makes them stand out in poor light. Had i known how nice it would be I would have done it years ago. Other than not being HC (i have other ML's that are), this is the only way to go IMHO. Short handy, should shoot fine within my capabilities (75yd), and no longer dragging a boat anchor through the woods! It is also a one of a kind(or close to it) and it is my creation, so what's not to love! (Pic error)

Last edited:
Back