• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Boar hog with .50 percussion...

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
After my elk hunt I was visiting friends in TX. They offered a deer or hog hunt so after obtaining a license we set out to walk slowly on some dirt roads around a ranch. We saw some deer at a distance. I heard noise in the brush close by and focused on the area. Three feral hogs stood up and started walking. I picked the closest one and put my sights on him. When he paused I squeezed and he dropped. This was taken with a PA Conical over 80 grains of FFFg. I checked the sights just prior to headed out on the ranch and they were dead-on at 50 yards. The bullet struck right where I aimed considering the distance was very close to 50 yards.

ML-Photo-1-LI.jpg

A good shot and it did a number on it too by the looks of things.
I see you wear a face mask too, never thought of trying one that make me look like a monkey.

:p

Nice shot!
That looks like a Traditions Deerhunter rifle.
If it is, did you build it from a kit?
It's nice to know that rifle will shoot the .50 PA Conical well and with such lethal results.
Do you place anything in between the bullet and powder or just ram the bullet home directly on top of the powder?

Last edited:
Back