• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Blown nipple.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
STOP! Break down and have a gunsmith look at it. IF the threads are still good, fine, have him install the CORRECT nipple. If the threads are no longer any good, there are OVERSIZE threaded nipples that can be installed. If that is not possible, DO NOT use a threaded insert as it will wind up in your face! At that point get a new breach plug and nipple installed, and don't try to do it yourself, or get another barrel.
Well "Big Bob" you should probably read all the posts in a thread before making a comment like this.

andy52,
So what EXACTLY do you disagree with? Somethings may have already been written but that does not mean they are correct or exude confidence.

Last edited:
Ok, I haven't said this on the forum to this date but I am a certified gunsmith and I did face the breech with a mill. I went to gunsmithing school after I was discharged from the US navy in 1974 on the GI bill. I no longer do this work for profit just as a hobby, this is a buddies gun that I agreed to try and fix for him and I pretty sure I have. I'll let you know when I test it on Saturday.

I truly hope it has been repaired. I hope it was done correctly. Until I can be sure I would not stand next to the shooter when this firearm was fired. Some of the comments do not exude confidence. Sorry if I have offended anyone, but it's the way I feel!

I truly hope it has been repaired. I hope it was done correctly. Until I can be sure I would not stand next to the shooter when this firearm was fired. Some of the comments do not exude confidence. Sorry if I have offended anyone, but it's the way I feel!
Well, the gun has been fired at least 50 times from the completion.
The nipple is still in place and shows no signs of coming out.

andy52, great job BTW. I have a thought why you were getting posts about take it to a gunsmith etc. after it is fixed and tested. If someone replies to a post on page 2 (and he hasn't read the whole thread) it ends up as the last post. Long after the issue is solved. Just a thought.

I read the whole post and it did not inspire confidence! "I think I fixed it" DUH! A poor workman usually blames his tools-Cheap China tap. Get over it already!

I read the whole post and it did not inspire confidence! "I think I fixed it" DUH! A poor workman usually blames his tools-Cheap China tap. Get over it already!
Well Mr. Bob I don't generally involve myself with trolls but I will this time.
There is no way to know if a job on a firearm is complete until it's fired thus the" I think it's fixed" comment was made in my shop prior to test firing.
My friend wanted me to fix the nipple problem and at that time I didn't have a 7x1mm tap so went out and found the first one I could and indeed it was a Chinese-made item and it failed but without I'll effect due to me knowing how to use the freeze technique....Would you have known how to do that? Unlikely I would say!
Now you can continue to run your mouth but I'll not see any more of your comments due to a wonderful feature this forum has.

Last edited:
Insulting people, name calling, and talking down to people. And others on this site agree with you? GREAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back